new release of H9 Control and new H9 algorithm, EQ Compressor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes new release of H9 Control and new H9 algorithm, EQ Compressor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 reply threads
  • Author
      gkellum
      Participant

We've posted a new release of H9 Control on the H9 support page:  http://eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Stompboxes/H9.aspx

This new release introduces a new algorithm named, EQ Compressor, that is available for free through the end of May. The new iOS release of H9 Control is also available through Apple's AppStore.

We will be announcing the new release soon in a newsletter, but we wanted to quietly announce it on the forums first a few days before the larger announcement.

Brilliant. Thanks.

alfoster

Just downloaded the new control app.  Where do I find the EQ Compressor algorithum? 

Dalmanours
      Participant

Hi, you can find it in "algorithms" and you can buy it "for free".

To Eventide team: that's really great!!! But I want to put it on all my presets 😉 It will be excellent if one day I could assemble comp and chorus, for exemple.
      Sorry for my english, I'm french 😉

angusm
      Participant

Thanks for the free algo! 

^ alfoster, It's under the store tab and then H9 link in the app, I do have the H9 connected to the computer. 

brock
      Participant

This may or may not be isolated to the H9 Control 1.5.1 release.  When using More -> Rename preset list, I inadvertently typed in some "illegal" characters [other than A-Z', a-z', 0-9].

The resulting error message may be confusing to end users (especially those with a few terabytes of free space):

• Duplication failed!

• A duplicate of the preset list could not be created.  Please check whether your device has any available disk space.
      alfoster

Well, I'm using the Windows version of the app and no Eq/Compressor is to be found.  Gig tomorrow so I guess I'll download the firmware again on Friday

gkellum
      Participant

alfoster:

Well, I'm using the Windows version of the app and no Eq/Compressor is to be found.  Gig tomorrow so I guess I'll download the firmware again on Friday

I just downloaded and installed the new H9 Control release for Windows and EQ Compressor is there. You need to download and install the v1.5.1 version of H9 Control from the H9 support page, http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Stompboxes/H9.aspx. Then, you will see EQ Compressor appear on the Algorithms page under the H9 category. To actually use the algorithm, you will also need to install the new software for your H9 to your H9.

But if you have a gig tomorrow, I agree it would be better to wait until after the gig to do this…

rdnzl
      Participant

Hello there,

I have updated my iPod touch (!), and as a result, the controller does not start anymore.

I uninstalled completely, reinstalled: no luck.

The app crashes on startup, with no error message 🙁

Kind Regards

kombinateur
      Participant

There's a little bug in iOS H9 Control on iPhone 4 – no info on EQ Compressor in Info section of the menu.

PS: I was paying attention to Balls (Caution!), but not to Balls OUT!!! Almost heart attack 🙂

rrinn

Amazing!!!

gkellum
      Participant

rdnzl:

I have updated my iPod touch (!), and as a result, the controller does not start anymore.

Could you tell us what generation iPod touch you have and what version of iOS is running on it?

gkellum
      Participant

rdnzl:

Unfortunately, it seems like the latest build of H9 Control isn't launching correctly on iOS 5. I assume that is the version of iOS you have installed; please let us know if it's not. We are in the process of preparing a new build to submit to Apple to fix the problem. Unfortunately, it can sometimes take Apple as long as a week to approve a new release.

gkellum
      Participant

There were a couple of presets for the new H9 EQ Compressor algorithm that added a lot of gain to your signal which could be useful for overdriving your amp.  We've reconsidered having these as Factory Presets because you can't delete or modify factory presets. So, we posted new builds of H9 Control for MacOSX and Windows that removed these presets, and as soon as this new build is approved by Apple, they will be removed from the iOS version of H9 Control as well.

We have posted these presets online though, and after downloading them, you can import them into H9 Control by clicking on the Settings button in the bottom right hand corner of the app and going to Import Presets. The advantage of making these presets available this way is that they will be user presets, which means you can delete or modify them to your liking.

http://ftp.eventide.com/ljdl/H9/presets/loud_eqcomp.h9z

rdnzl
      Participant

Hello,

Version 5 it is… I will patiently wait for the update, many thanks.

Cheers

fog_ducker
      Participant

Cool, updated but can't find it in algorithms or in the store?  Is it suppose to be  under the H9 area in algorithms?  

Thanks

gkellum
      Participant

Yes, it is. You updated to the latest version of H9 Control? Not just your H9 software?  In H9 Control click on the Setting button on the bottom right hand corner of the screen, and go into About. The version number you see there should be v1.5.2.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.