New single/video featuring Space and PitchFactor processing 8-string guitar

Home Forums Products Stompboxes New single/video featuring Space and PitchFactor processing 8-string guitar

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Har
      Participant

I just released an album length long-form digital single of a live solo dark-ambient soundscaping performance on 8-string guitar, very heavily processed by my PitchFactor and Space; no synths or MIDI pickups used. Put together a quick promo video for it…enjoy! 🙂

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mquReKUheek:550:0%5D

The hyper-deep subterranean rumblings was the deep strings of the guitar (tuned F#/B/E/A/D/G/B/E) pitch-shifted waaaaaaay down even further using PF's Crystals algo, and then sent on into Space to make it sound even more cavernous. Some of the more percussive tones like this were created by banging my fists on the body and neck of the guitar as the strings resonated.

If it weren't for my Space and PF, it all would've sounded pretty…..tame. LOL

(BTW: if interested in the single itself, I have it available through CDBaby – information can be found here: http://www.har-live.com/thetowerbynight   Thanks!)

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Wow, sounds really impressive.

I was expecting a monster to jump out at me at any point…. Very film soundtrack like.

Nice

Cheers

Martin

Har
      Participant

Thanks Martin! Smile

Yeah, the live set was part of a "Week After Halloween" show so the seasonal mood was definitely still strongly in effect. Wink  It's a 66 minute set, and does lighten up a little in a few spots though.

There's really something about that combination of Space and PitchFactor together that just equals "The Ultimate Dark Ambient Rig"….! Devil

–Har

badmelonfarmer:

Wow, sounds really impressive.

I was expecting a monster to jump out at me at any point…. Very film soundtrack like.

Nice

Cheers

Martin

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.