New Timefactor User – Simple MIDI Question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes New Timefactor User – Simple MIDI Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      NMillroy
      Participant

I've just purchased a Timefactor and new to Eventide so I'm a first time poster. I couldn't be happier with it, sounds great and doesn't colour my tone. However I have a question regarding changing presets on the TF with my midi foot controller:

I'm using a Roland FC200 midi foot controller, when I hit number 8 on my midi FC this will call up bank 4 preset 2 on the TF as I'd expect. How would I make the TF select bank 1 preset 1 instead when hitting number 8 on my midi FC?

I also want to be able to hit number 4 on my midi FC and that to bypass the same bank 1 preset 1 on the TF?

This way by jumping between number 4 and 8 on my midi FC I'd be effectively engaging and bypassing bank 1 preset 1 on the TF.

Your help on this would be much appreciatedBig Smile

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Hi,

To bypass the TimeFactor you will need to send a MIDI CC number on the TimeFactors MIDI Channel number.

Does the Foot controller allow you to send MIDI CC? some do ….some only send MIDI PC.

Cheers

Martin

NMillroy
      Participant

I'm not good with MIDI but looking at the Roland FC200 manual it looks like it does Program Change Mode as well as Control Change Mode. I guess that's what MIDI PC and CC refers to?

It looks like it operates in either PC or CC mode but maybe not simultaneously?

I'm a MIDI dummy so any further help would be welcome.

Any ideas on the first part of my question too?

Thanks Martin

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Hi,

you would need to go into the System menu>…

turn the knob to MIDI> press the knob…..

Make a note of what MIDI Channel the TimeFactor is listening on eg 2

Turn the knob to [RCV CRTL] press the knob

Turn the knob to [BYP] (Bypass) then set a value if one is not set eg…4

Save the setting

then on the Roland controller, set button 4 to transmit MIDI CC value 4 on Channel 2.

(I do not know the Roland controller though)

Hope that helps

Cheers

Martin

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Sorry, first question too…

The way to do this is get your controller to send Program Change PC code that corresponds to the Bank.

So PC001 is bank 1:1, PC002 is Bank 1:2,  PC003 is Bank 2:0, PC004 is Bank 2:1 etc

OR it may start at 0 so PC000 is bank 1:1 PC001 is 1:2 etc

if you want to just assign a switch to bank up and one to bank down, follow the same procedure for the bypass but set CC values for BK+ and BK- as well as BYP

MIDI stuff is on page 35 of the manual

NMillroy
      Participant

Martin,

Managed to link MIDI pedal number to appropriate Bank and Preset number on the TF and it's switching fine via MIDI pedal Smile

It seems I'm not going to be able to bypass easy via MIDI without doing a bit of tap dancing which is what I wanted to avoid. As I'm using the TF in a rack mount audio loop I think the next best thing is for me to just close the loop but at the expense of having no spill on the delays Sad

Thanks a lot for your help.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

No worries, happy to help.

I had a quick looksee at the Roland manual and although it can do Program Changes and Continuous Controller messages…. It was not very clear if it could do both at the same time.

Although it did seem to imply that an external switch could be set to do pc, cc or note… Again not sure if that is a global thing or not…. If you have a spare switch… Might be worth a try.

Exactly how I run my Space BTW… Rack mounted… Did the same with my other factors before I swapped them for an eclipse.

Have fun!

Cheers

Martin

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.