New TimeFactor V5.0.0beta[75] and new H9 Control for Desktop V1.6.2!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes New TimeFactor V5.0.0beta[75] and new H9 Control for Desktop V1.6.2!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 56 reply threads
  • Author
      wedelich
      Eventide Staff

The V5.0.0beta[75] release of the software for Timefactor and the V1.6.2 release of H9 Control for Desktop (Mac/Windows)
      are now available!

Please note that Timefactor V5.0.0beta[75] is a beta
      release, and we suggest that you only install this software when you have time
      to fully evaluate it before a tour or gig.  Please report any problems you
      might find with the beta in the Stompboxes V5 Beta forum (http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/26.aspx)

The new Timefactor software
      can be installed in one of two ways.  One, you can use the Eventide Update
      Utility to download and install the updates, or two, you can download and
      install H9 Control and H9 Control will launch a bundled application called the
      Eventide Direct Updater that will download and install the updates. 
      (Please note that when H9 Control launches the Eventide Direct Updater, the
      Updaters window may not spring to the front of other open application
      windows.)  The latest H9 Control V1.6.2 can be downloaded from the H9's support page:

http://eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Stompboxes/H9.aspx

The Timefactor 5.0.0beta[75]
      release adds the following new Looper features:

*   Adds new AP:RVDIR option on the PLAYMODE parameter (Xnob)
      that allows you to use the Play Footswitch to toggle direction, instead of
      retriggering form start like the other play modes. 

*  Adds new Aux Switch and
      MIDI CC designations for DIR (to toggle play direction) and OCT (to toggle
      octaves)

*  Double Tap on Stop
      Footswitch from the Stopped State will also Empty the Loop (also applies to Aux
      Switches assigned to STP or to the H9 Control Stop)

*  Enhanced Filter knob goes
      from -99 to 99 for a more pronounced filtering effect

*  Emptying the loop now
      takes 0.5 secs instead of 2 secs. 

The Timefactor 5.0.0beta[75] release also fixes the following
      bugs:

*  Looper: Fix recording at
      Record-Length = 0 bug that was locking up the Looper algorithm.

*  Looper: Speed Resolution
      always returns to OCTAVES after a new Recording, so immediate playback always
      occurs at the recorded speed

*  Looper: Fixed PLAYMODE P:ONCE
      for Tempo Mode and Reverse Speeds in Non-Tempo Mode.  Previous beta version would not playback in this
      mode under these conditions.   

*  Fixes problems with Aux
      Switches and flickering Displays on newer Timefactors.

The H9 Control for Desktop V1.6.2 release has the following updates:

*  Fixes bugs in the universal
      save functionality

*  Updates for Timefactor
      Looper Control that match Timefactor 5.0.0beta[75].

*  Adds all Looper Aux Switch and MIDI CC mappings.  

*  New Looper Help file that covers new features and offers a sneak peak of Looper for H9 Smile

Previous Release notes on H9 Control:

H9 Control, which was originally developed to support
      Eventide's H9, can be used to manage factory and user presets, multiple preset
      lists, and the system settings of TimeFactor. It is not possible, however, to
      use the H9 Control application to buy new algorithms for TimeFactor. The
      hardware for TimeFactor was not designed with this capability in mind, and it
      does not have enough storage space for additional algorithms.

H9 Control offers an
      improved user experience and more functionality than was previously available
      in the FactorLib application. We hope that you will find it to be a fast and
      intuitive way to create, manage and share your presets of your TimeFactor and
      to organize them into set lists when you would like to use TimeFactor in live
      performances. It also makes it faster and easier to adjust the system settings
      of your TimeFactor, especially when it comes to creating MIDI and auxilliary
      switch mappings.

After you install the upgrade to use your TimeFactor with H9
      Control, keep your device connected to your computer via USB and launch H9
      Control. H9 Control will ask you to enter your Eventide user name to verify
      that the device is registered to you. Once it has verified your registration,
      it will also give you two coupons for your TimeFactor that you can use to buy
      algorithms for an Eventide H9; if you have an Eventide H9 and you would like to
      be able to run some of your favorite TimeFactor algorithms on it, you can use
      these coupons to get them for free. (The coupons can be used for any algorithms
      however; not just the TimeFactor algorithms.) To use these coupons, you will
      need to connect your TimeFactor and your H9 device(s) to H9 Control at the same
      time and go to the algorithms store to make your purchases. We require your
      TimeFactor to be connected when the algorithm purchase is made so that we can
      be sure that YOU, the registered owner of your TimeFactor, is making the
      purchase and not someone else who might have guessed your username and
      password.

frabo
      Participant

Hi,

just to let you know, 

I have also with this beta still the problem,that my TF did not stored the pedal settings !

I have the original power suply and when I use 3.5 it saved all my changes like bypass type to DSP+FX ..

But with this beta I loose all my changes after off and on the TF

🙁

diafebus
      Participant

Sadly you guys uploaded the wrong version 1.6.2 for Mac… 

You uploaded the 1.6.1.2 the old one… Can you fix the link please?

Thanks!

gkellum
      Participant

diafebus:

Sadly you guys uploaded the wrong version 1.6.2 for Mac… 

You uploaded the 1.6.1.2 the old one… Can you fix the link please?

Thanks for letting us know.  The developer who usually handles that was on vacation last week when the links were posted.  In any case the correct version of H9 Control for Mac is posted now.

diafebus
      Participant

True!! It is fixed now!! Thank you 🙂

toraliens
      Participant

Hi, Guys!

Unfortunally, my Eventide Timefactor died after this update, it's stucked in update mode and the software does not detect anymore. it gave a update error and restored when I was running the eventide update utility, but whenever you reboot the device it goes to update mode.

I tried everything, disconnected all cables, restarted my mac, and etc…

Any help?

Thanks,

Roberto Torao

facebook.com/toraliens

youtube.com/toraliens

torao@me.com

gkellum
      Participant

toraliens:

Unfortunally, my Eventide Timefactor died after this update, it's stucked in update mode and the software does not detect anymore. it gave a update error and restored when I was running the eventide update utility, but whenever you reboot the device it goes to update mode.

I tried everything, disconnected all cables, restarted my mac, and etc…

Any help?

Do you have access to a Windows PC that you could try updating from?  We have an alternative updating utility that only runs on Windows that pretty reliably is able to fix these issues.  I posted some instructions for other users who were having updating problems on this forum thread: http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/9492.aspx

I posted those instructions during the latest beta release and the links to the software in that thread are for the software for that older beta release.  You can use this link to download the update utility bundled with the latest beta release: http://ftp.eventide.com/ljdl/oupdate_plus_timefactor_v5.0.0beta%5B75%5D_plus_bootloader.zip

Let us know if you don't have access to a Windows PC and we can give you alternative instructions for Mac.

timewindx
      Participant

I've updated my TF to V5.0.beta75. And now I have the problem that it is "running" as ModFactor.

I'm not able to update the presets via FactorLib. It says I can not run the TF Presets to an MF.

I don't know what to do. The Update of my ModFactor and my Space are without any problem.

Can you please help to make my TF an TF?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi timewindx,

Which method did you use to update your TF?  Eventide Update Utility?  Eventide Direct Updater? H9 Control -> Eventide Direct Updater?  

Is is running as a Modfactor only for FactorLib, or when does Eventide Direct Updater, H9 Control, the computer itself, etc, see it as MF?

Is your TF showing TF algorithms and presets, or are they actually MF?  

Thanks

timewindx
      Participant

I’ve updated the TF with Eventide Direct Updater Win & Mac Version.

When I make a downgrade to V3.9XX TF is TF.

All Updates Win or MAC with Direct Updater and all v5XX Versions gone bad.

I’ve updated the TF now 5 or 6 times.

At one time I saw all algorithms in H9 Control but could not update the presets.

Normally I only have two algorithms but in H9 Control I saw the blue TF in the left device icon.

On my Eventide account on the website I saw 3 Stompboxes, all named well.

When  I look at my Eventide account in H9 Control I saw two MF one with TF serial, one with MF serial number

timewindx
      Participant

Now i've tested with Eventide Update Utility and then with H9 Control->Eventide Direct Updater.

No chance. The Presets cannot be updated, while TF is MF for the software.

I only see 2 algorthims in H9 Control Software – Digital Delay and Vintage Delay.

When I downgrade to 3.9XX, everything is OK.

timewindx
      Participant

Sorry, I mean: Downgrade to V3.5.0.4

gkellum
      Participant

timewindx:

I've updated my TF to V5.0.beta75. And now I have the problem that it is "running" as ModFactor.

I'm not able to update the presets via FactorLib. It says I can not run the TF Presets to an MF.

I don't know what to do. The Update of my ModFactor and my Space are without any problem.

Can you please help to make my TF an TF?

Thank you for further explaining the behavior you're seeing.  It sounds like your device is being misidentified by the updating software and its installing the latest ModFactor software on your TimeFactor instead of the TimeFactor software, and of course this will cause problems.  Could you try the alternative updating application that I mentioned on this thread earlier?  I posted some instructions for other users who were having updating problems on this forum thread: http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/9492.aspx

I posted those instructions during the latest beta release and the links to the software in that thread are for the software for that older beta release.  You can use this link to download the update utility bundled with the latest beta release: http://ftp.eventide.com/ljdl/oupdate_plus_timefactor_v5.0.0beta%5B75%5D_plus_bootloader.zip

timewindx
      Participant

Ok, now it initialized TF, updated the Boot Loader file, then V5.0.0(75) and I got a TF with the regular presets.

H9 recognized TF and all algorithms are playable.

Eventide Account Information in H9 tells me of 2 MF, one with MF and one with TF Serial.

FactorLib is not able to update the presets, because it recognized TF as MF.

The Problem went on. But now I have an updated machine with regular presets full recognized by H9 Control.

But I want FactorLib also went going on my TF. Please tell me what I can do now.

gkellum
      Participant

timewindx:

Eventide Account Information in H9 tells me of 2 MF, one with MF and one with TF Serial.

I just fixed that.  Your TimeFactor should appear now as a TimeFactor.

timewindx:

But I want FactorLib also went going on my TF. Please tell me what I can do now.

Generally speaking FactorLib doesn't work with any Factor pedals that have a v5 release installed on them. This has nothing to do with your updating problems. We've just decided that we don't want to continue to support FactorLib going forward so we can concentrate our efforts on H9 Control. If there's a specific feature you used to use in FactorLib and you can't figure out how to do it in H9 Control, let us know…  If H9 Control supports it, we'll explain how;  if it doesn't support it, we'll consider adding it.

toraliens
      Participant

Hi,

I Just Tried in a PC Windows, and didn´t worked it.

It gives me "Communication Startup Failed".

So, can you give a mac alternative for fix it?

thanks,

Roberto Torao

gkellum
      Participant

toraliens:

I Just Tried in a PC Windows, and didn´t worked it.

It gives me "Communication Startup Failed".

So, can you give a mac alternative for fix it?

Well, you said that on Mac the Direct Updater isn't finding your TimeFactor anymore and on Windows oupdate isn't finding your TimeFactor, correct? Unfortunately, if you can't get any of your computers to find the TimeFactor, there might not be anything else we can suggest other than you send it in to us, because there's not much that can be done if our applications simply aren't seeing the TimeFactor. Sorry, I know you're in Brazil, and that's going to be a pain…  Let us know if I misunderstood something and one of our applications can at least "see" your TimeFactor. Otherwise, please send an email to support@eventide.com and link to the discussion we've had so far in this forum thread…

thule

So when are we gonna get a stable release for Timefactor? I have just started to play in a band again and I intend to use the TF but I would really like to be able to use the new looper.

thule

thule

OK, so it is obviously a stupid question, that is not going to get an answer. I am the only one that want to know. Strange . . .

gkellum
      Participant

thule:

OK, so it is obviously a stupid question, that is not going to get an answer. I am the only one that want to know. Strange . . .

A release being stable pretty much means that we stop hearing from users about any problems with the release, and it's hard to know when that's going to happen. The only problem we're aware of with the most recent beta release was that some users haven't been able to install it correctly at all. A user in California is sending one in for us to take a look at, and once we've had a chance to, we might post yet another beta release if the last beta release was indeed the source of the problem.

dimitris1179
      Participant

I understand that the new looper algorithm causes this delay for the Timefactor but is there any reason that the rest of the factor pedals don't have a final release? Is there something more that has to be done?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It looks as though the final release will be the same as the latest betas, so there is no pressing reason to release it.

In particular, a release means that it is factory programmed into the hardware of new units, so we do not do this lightly.

deltadog
      Participant

hey there,

i tried out the looper in the 75 beta, worked good so far but i realized the following bugs…

– i had the timefactor synced to an akai mpc 2000/1000 and a rme multiface. i recorded a drum loop for 8 beats in 2x speed and in autoplay it continued very well and stayed in sync. but once i stopped the master and restart it again it was not synced during the first 8 beats. after the 8 beats (1st loop) it was synced to the master as supposed.

– the looper is unstable like hell. I had to initialize the timefactor on start up every time when switching the unit on to make the looper recording a signal. It was simply not recording anything without initializing…

greetz

deltadog
      Participant

and by the way i dont see the 75 beta in the updater any more… only the 59 beta

gkellum
      Participant

deltadog:

and by the way i dont see the 75 beta in the updater any more… only the 59 beta

We pulled the 75 beta; my latest post to this thread explains why: 

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/p/9720/44429.aspx#44429

roysh

Hi guys,

was the last release for the H9 suppose to include support for PC connection VIA bluetooth?

i updated the version but can't connect with bluetooth.

any ideas?

thanks 

roysh

Hi,

was this new version of the H9 control supposed to include PC bluetooth support?

i tried to connect VIA bluetooth but no success.

thanks 

gkellum
      Participant

roysh:

was the last release for the H9 suppose to include support for PC connection VIA bluetooth?

Have a look at the section on connecting on Windows to an H9 via Bluetooth in the user guide.  It has some tips that might help:

http://eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/StompBoxes/H9ControlUG1.aspx

dredman
      Participant

Hello, I've updated to H9 latest  1.62 on my Mac. When I call up the Direct Updater latest update showing is Beta (59). Where is 75??? Not showing on the update list. Thanks!

gkellum
      Participant

dredman:

Hello, I've updated to H9 latest  1.62 on my Mac. When I call up the Direct Updater latest update showing is Beta (59). Where is 75??? Not showing on the update list. Thanks!

There was a problem where some users upgrading to 75 were reporting that their TimeFactors were showing the ModFactor algorithm list after the update and wouldn't come out of bypass. So, we disabled 75 for a while. We think we understand now what might have been happening. So, I just re-enabled 75. If launch the Direct Updater again, you should see it.

verstaerker
      Participant

i updated my TF using the eventide update utility to beta 75 … before that H9 was showing me an 5.0 production update – now i'm getting redirected to the direct updater wich doesn't find any of my eventide devices

gkellum
      Participant

verstaerker:

i updated my TF using the eventide update utility to beta 75 … before that H9 was showing me an 5.0 production update – now i'm getting redirected to the direct updater wich doesn't find any of my eventide devices

So, what are you trying to do? Your TimeFactor is up to date. It has the latest bam.  Now, you want to update your H9 to the latest release? With the H9 you can also update it with H9 Control instead of the Direct Updater. If neither of those are seeing your H9, please send an email to support@eventide.com and let us know what OS you are on. We might need to send you yet another updater.

davydgarcya

I´ve connected my Timefactor today to see that there is a new update? 5.0.1[3]?

I don´t find any info about this update anywhere…

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi davydgarcya,

5.0.1[3] is the official release version that has the new Looper and is compatible with H9 Control. We haven't sent out our email blast yet, but we did put out a general announcement to all our news channels.  It's essentially the same as the beta version with a few bug fixes and cosmetic touch-ups on the knob displays for Looper.   The public beta versions tend to be a bit more under the radar b/c we only announce them on our forums and let it spread by word of mouth, but this release version will be getting the full marketing treatment.  Sorry for any confusion this might have caused.    

davydgarcya

Thank you for the update! Really diggin´it. 

Cheers.

HT

Hi, new to the forum and new to Space&Timefactor..

Managed to update to v5 and noticed 48s of loop time. Is this new?

Currently listening to 48 seconds of weirdness with the help of -x25 and quasar on full wet….Many thanks.

frabo
      Participant

Hi,

@5.0.1(3)

what is about the input and output level meter ? 

In my case, it shows me a "freeze" level ! It change only, if I release the left and right buttons on the TF ! It should be in real time, right ? 

But the worst case for me is, that the TF still not save all my general pedal settings, like which bypass mode I would like to use. 

I know, that you asked me, if I use the original power supply. Yes, again, I use the original. 

And, with 3.5 everything is working good, also the globals are saved. 

If this version is the official release, than there is something wrong with the power management or something. 

What can I do ?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi frabo,

We can't reproduce these 2 problems on our end.   It might be a problem specific to your TimeFactor.  Have you tried contacting support@eventide.com

deltadog
      Participant

hi wedelich,

checked the latest version and so far so good, but there is one new bug appearing with my unit.

when switching fron the looper algo to one of the delay algos it auto-activates the selected delay effect although it should be bypassed. 

greetz

Billy Foppiano
      Participant

I love the feature of FactorLib putting all the presets in an array so I can take a screenshot, and shpw all my presets on a grid. I REALLY need this feature, as I use most presets, and PLEASE don't make me REMEMBER where what is where.Can we intergrate this into H9 control????

igrik3v
      Participant

Hi!

I updated my TF , but there is a problem. My PC sees TF as MF and my old  presets don't upload. What should I do to fix it?

gkellum
      Participant

igrik3v:

I updated my TF , but there is a problem. My PC sees TF as MF and my old  presets don't upload. What should I do to fix it?

That's interesting. We had a few users report that as a problem, and we even had one guy send in his TimeFactor that had turned into a ModFactor so that we could take a look at it. But we could never reproduce the problem. Do you have a ModFactor? Were you updating your ModFactor right before you updated your TimeFactor? Would you mind going into system mode on your TimeFactor and letting us know what software version it says that you have there? It would be best if you sent an email to support@eventide.com about this, and let us know whether you're a Mac or Windows user, because we might need to email you an alternative updater to help out with this.

igrik3v
      Participant

Thank you for replying . I sent the email to support@eventide.com. Waiting for a support!

beedoola

So I updated my Timefactor from 3.5 to 5.0.1 

Everything loaded time but my presets were reset. After pulling up my saved presets from My Documents, I cannot send them to the Timefactor as I'm getting the error message "Cannot send TF presets to a MF pedal"

Help.

gkellum
      Participant

How are you trying to send your presets to your TimeFactor?  FactorLib doesn't work with the v5 releases, and I'm guessing that you're trying to use FactorLib to send your presets to your TimeFactor?  Is this correct?  Please use H9 Control instead.  It can read the FactorLib preset format.  You should be able to drag and drop a FactorLib syx file onto H9 Control and use it to send the preset list over to your TimeFactor.  

beedoola

Ahh, ok. yes, I was trying to use FactorLib. I'll download H9 Control. Thank you!

beedoola

Wait, will the H9 Control work for the Timefactor?

gkellum
      Participant

Beedoola:

Wait, will the H9 Control work for the Timefactor?

Yes, if you have the v5 releases installed, it will work with any of the Factor pedals.

beedoola

Cool, I was trying to use the H9 control with the TF via MIDI and it wasn't recognizing the TF. I used USB to the TF and all worked fine.

gkellum
      Participant

Beedoola:

Cool, I was trying to use the H9 control with the TF via MIDI and it wasn't recognizing the TF. I used USB to the TF and all worked fine.

H9 Control can connect to a TimeFactor through MIDI as well, but it doesn't scan all your MIDI ports for you testing if an Eventide device is connected to them.  When it launches, there's an option in the opening dialog with a button "Manually connect to device". You can use that to select the MIDI ports that your TimeFactor is connected to. After you do that once, H9 Control will remember to check that MIDI port next it starts to see if a TimeFactor is connected to it.

squatch

A big thanks to Jerome for sorting out the TF registration for me!

Now I have V.5 and H9 control, very impressed!

I haven't had an Eventide for decades (H949 & Omnipressor) but I'm back on board

I'll definitely be getting an H9 with this sort of upgradability!

gkellum
      Participant

squatch:

I haven't had an Eventide for decades (H949 & Omnipressor) but I'm back on board

Well, welcome back into the fold!  Smile

diegoarts

Maybe I just don't get it: is there now a new software upgrade for the Timefactor? Is it still beta? Where is it?
      There's nothing official on the Timefactor-site and in this forum here I only find comments about beta-Versions and lots of problems.

So, is there? and – where is it?

best regards

diego

gkellum
      Participant

The latest TimeFactor release is v5.0.1[3]. You can download and install it through the Eventide Direct Updater or H9 Control. It's still marked as beta, but we haven't heard of anyone having any issues with it. The only issues that have come up recently have been users not being able to use FactorLib with a v5 TimeFactor release, and due to FactorLibs confusing error messages, people have thought that there TimeFactor wasn't updated successfully.

diegoarts

Thanks for the quick answer.

So – I still am able to import FactorLib-Data into H9Control?

Otherwise – how will I be able to keep my Presets?

Sorry, but there were sooo many discussions – hard to follow.

best regards

diego

gkellum
      Participant

diegoarts:

So – I still am able to import FactorLib-Data into H9Control?

Otherwise – how will I be able to keep my Presets?

Yes, just drag and drop the FactorLib syx file(s) you have onto H9 Control and it will import them.

diegoarts

Phantastic.

Worked like a beetle!

Although I would suggest installing from a file – my installation was disrupted (one time only – gladly) and the TF blanked out. Gladfully it worked the second time.

Don't know if my ears deceive me, but I got a feeling it even sounds better.

H9Control is amazing. It's so great dialling in presets – try out and compare – and of course organize them.
      Great work.

Now I only hope for a better MultiTap Delay (with number of Taps to choose) and finally for my a hundred times suggested "negative Ducking Delay (delayed signal gets louder when you play louder, stays quiet when you play quiet!)" – 🙂

well, maybe next time.

cheers

diego

Viewing 56 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.