New update in the works?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes New update in the works?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 reply threads
  • Author
      tomclark1989
      Participant

Any ideas if they'll be a new update for the Factor pedals in the near future? Would love to see some new stuff.

jamongrande
      Participant

+1000. It's been a year and a half since the last update. I understand that there may not be enough room in the memory to add additional algorithms, but many of the existing algorithms could use a "freshening up" as provided in past updates. Also, a few remaining bugs should be addressed, such as improved midi synchronization for Harpeggiator patterns, or not needing a dummy plug to use the Pitchflex via midi (I believe Eventide staff mentioned the former in relation to a future update for the H9 on another forum). 

And while I hope its not the case, inform us if your ending development of the Factors in favor of the H9. 

joe

gkellum
      Participant

We've been working on upgrading the Factor pedals so that they can work with the H9's companion app, H9 Control.  It won't be possible to use the store in H9 Control to buy new algorithms, but it will be possible to use H9 Control to organize your presets, preset lists, change the system settings and so on.  The way we're going about this is to upgrade the Factors to use the same code base as the H9, which means that any improvements and bug fixes we've made or will make for the H9 will flow into the Factors as well.  

entreat69
      Participant

Thanks, that'll be wonderful to have the lovely H9 App as editor for the al the Factor Stomps i have.

jamongrande
      Participant

That's encouraging. Looking forward to it, though I'm personally more interested in the updated code base rather than H9 Control (given that it will require either an iOS midi adapter or bluetooth to midi hardware solution). 

gkellum
      Participant

That's not true.  There is a Windows and Mac OSX version of H9 Control, and it can communicate with the Factor pedals over USB in the same manner that FactorLib and the EventideUpdateUtility communicate with the Factor pedals.

tomclark1989
      Participant

Sweet, look forward to it! I too would like to see some "freshening up" of the algorithms too though, if possible. I think there were a couple of threads with loads of suggestions?

denoiser
      Participant

If I could ask for something and if you're gonna update the effects, please, fix the stereo image in the phaser and flanger. I've always thought it was somehow broken (no 90º phase difference between the channels as in the ModFilter and Vibrato effects).

DavidYates

"We've been working on upgrading the Factor pedals so that they can work with the H9's companion app, H9 Control.  It won't be possible to use the store in H9 Control to buy new algorithms, but it will be possible to use H9 Control to organize your presets, preset lists, change the system settings and so on.  The way we're going about this is to upgrade the Factors to use the same code base as the H9, which means that any improvements and bug fixes we've made or will make for the H9 will flow into the Factors as well.  "

Awesome!!!

kevviemetal

So…is there an ETA on this? Possibly before NAMM?

gkellum
      Participant

kevviemetal:

So…is there an ETA on this? Possibly before NAMM?

Generally speaking, we try to avoid committing to dates b/c people get upset when things are late.  But we are working on this now and yes, it will possibly be available at least as a beta release before NAMM.

DavidYates

Just bought my H9, waiting it it's arrival…

TommyJay

That is great news on the H9 controller for the Pitchfactor.  Can't wait.  Oh btw, I returned my H9 and got the Pitchfactor.  A little more practical for me.  Anyhow hope the H9 controller is soon, it would be a nice Christmas present…lol

Tommy.

javiceres
      Participant

I've had a TimeFactor for several years and after having myself a Space and putting it through paces I find it a much more complete pedal than the PF is.

Although the TF was a breaktrough at the time of its release (as are the Space or H9 now) the competition the competition has managed to surpass it in some regards (not others) like the modeling of bucked brigade and specially tape delays.

I bought Eventide for many reasons including the potential of updating it offers, tested in other devices like Eclipse, thus I really expect for improved models and perharps new algorithms and  functions for some knobs.

For instance in the ModEchoVerb of Space, there´s a knob dedicated to set the deph of the modulation and it has no less than 298 possible deph values (if I can recall): from zero to 100 sweepVerb, to 100 flanger, to 100 chorus. But for instance you can't cut bass and trebble in the repeats of the delays of most of the models, including TAPE, wich is really lacking for my taste. Or the modulation deph only having 20 values (although I've experienced possible values in between 0 and 1, wich I like), the speed of the mod not going up enough for some leslie and vibrato effects, let alone ring modulator style frecuency modulation, etc.

To sum up:

By using some knobs in the same fashion of  the Space Knobs, some new features for the time factor could be easily integrated. Some ideas:

-Different Filter Types & Overdrive (the drive algos in the Space are really nice actually) in the TAPE mode.

– Vintage algorythm is easily one of most popular in the TF: the Bits knob could have more lo-fi effects like one based on reducing the KHZs.

-Modulation on the Multi-Tap mode would create awesome results for sure.

-Freezing just one of the twin delays, that would be extremely useful even though it would be triggered via MIDI only.

-Filterpong: modulation of the delay time.

-LFO shapes for the Band delays like the classic Ramp or Sample and Hold.

-The option of filtering both bass and trebble frequencies in Digital Delay and Mod Delay.

-Choosing the phase of the outputs, both dry and wet via software, that would be reeeally nice

^_-.

Best regards and Merry Christmas!

Javier

llemtt
      Participant

"-Choosing the phase of the outputs, both dry and wet via software, that would be reeeally nice"

I subscribe 100% to this feature too!!

javiceres
      Participant

I've been missing this since day one…

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

See comments in other threads. Due in the New Year – main focus is on supporting the H9Control App on Mac and PC.

dimitris1179
      Participant

Any news?

gkellum
      Participant

Well in our last newsletter we said we'd have updates for Space, PitchFactor, and ModFactor in March that will make them work with H9 Control.  TimeFactor will come a month later and will also have improvements to the Looper algorithm.  

We're working towards those goals.  I wouldn't expect those updates at the beginning of March though.  It will more likely be the middle to end of March.

tommygunn

Hi there, don't suppose the H9 editor app is available for the Pitchfactor yet?  It would be great if it is.

Thanks,

Tommy

dimitris1179
      Participant

Even if it is ready the factor pedals will require a firmware update too…

mishik
      Participant

Any plans to adding new algorithms for H9?

Thanks

Priestunes
      Participant

I keep double tapping the app knobs on my iPad to get the knob to automatically center itself. Then I was thinking that, even though this is an extremely minute feature, it might be nice to dictate to the app "whenever I double tap a knob, go to X value" and Eventide could provide a no-brainer default, like noon (which might not correspond to 50%, but who knows! Am away from app.)

gkellum
      Participant

tomclark1989:

Any ideas if they'll be a new update for the Factor pedals in the near future? Would love to see some new stuff.

We just released beta releases for ModFactor, PitchFactor, and Space.  You can find more information about the release including how to install it and what's new in the release in this post:

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/p/9140/41200.aspx#41200

Viewing 23 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.