Newbie question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Newbie question

Tagged: 

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      ubyaman1

Got my H9 Max today. I’m confused with preset lists. When I save list to the pedal using my iPad and then click on the pedal within the app, it doesn’t tell me which preset list is loaded on the pedal. I have no intention of using iOS devices every time I play. Need to load up the list and roll! Thanks in advance!

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      ubyaman1 wrote:
      Got my H9 Max today. I’m confused with preset lists. When I save list to the pedal using my iPad and then click on the pedal within the app, it doesn’t tell me which preset list is loaded on the pedal. I have no intention of using iOS devices every time I play. Need to load up the list and roll! Thanks in advance!

You can have multiple preset lists in your app but only one list on your H9. By default, there is a factory preset list on your H9. Therefore, when you click "Save to Pedal" in the Preset List screen, the current preset list will be transferred to the H9 and it will stay there. Please see the attached image for more info.

ubyaman1

Understood. But, after I save to the pedal and then acces the pedal through the app, it doesn’t tell me which list is loaded I.e. the list name? I do see one of the presets there but it also appears that the other 98 are there as well.

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        ubyaman1 wrote:
        Understood. But, after I save to the pedal and then acces the pedal through the app, it doesn’t tell me which list is loaded I.e. the list name? I do see one of the presets there but it also appears that the other 98 are there as well.

If I understand you correctly, you saved a list with just 1 preset to the pedal, and found other 98 presets on your pedal. Am I understanding right?

OK, here is the thing:

1. The preset list on your H9 doesn't have a name. The name will always be "H9-xxxxx (your H9's serial number) Presets" because there is only one list on your H9.

2. There are always 99 presets stored on an H9 Max. If you save a preset list with N presets to your pedal, only the first N presets on the H9 will be replaced. That's why you still see other presets (they should be factory presets if you haven't made any change). If you only want to use those presets on the preset list that you transferred to the H9, you can set H9's preset range to "1 to N". After doing so, if you increment from preset N, the current preset will go to preset 1; if you decrement from preset 1, it will go to preset N.

Hope it helps.

ubyaman1

Thank you!! I understand what you’re saying and will work with some more this evening.

I sincerely appreciate your patience and diligence in taking the time to help me as you have others, there’s not enough of that in this world today.

On a side note, it may be worth considering loading the list name to the pedal in a future release. I can see where someone might have multiple ‘lists’ and having the ability to access the pedal to determine which is loaded would be much more intuitive. Another bonus would be to have the pedal automatically set the upper and lower numbers based on the preset list parameters.

Thanks again!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.