Newbie Question- aux switches and expression pedals for the H9

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Newbie Question- aux switches and expression pedals for the H9

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      DrOctabass

I am looking to purchase a H9 for my bass rig.  I was looking at expression pedals (Missions Engineering SP-H9) that allow for aux switches and wanted to know if I can use a 3 button aux switch and an expression pedal with the H9.  That would allow me to bank up and down plus use the middle button for the tuner or tap tempo.  Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks!

gkellum
      Participant
      DrOctabass wrote:

I am looking to purchase a H9 for my bass rig.  I was looking at expression pedals (Missions Engineering SP-H9) that allow for aux switches and wanted to know if I can use a 3 button aux switch and an expression pedal with the H9.  That would allow me to bank up and down plus use the middle button for the tuner or tap tempo.  Anyone have any experience with this?

You can't use a 3 button aux switch at the same time as an expression pedal.  The H9 has a single jack for an expression pedal or aux switch, and you can either use an expression pedal, a 3 button aux switch, or an expression pedal with a single button aux switch.

DrOctabass
        gkellum wrote:

DrOctabass wrote:

You can’t use a 3 button aux switch at the same time as an expression pedal.  The H9 has a single jack for an expression pedal or aux switch, and you can either use an expression pedal, a 3 button aux switch, or an expression pedal with a single button aux switch.

Thanks for the quick response!  Is it possible to use the MIDI in/out for the expression pedal and then use a 3 button switch?  

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        DrOctabass wrote:

Is it possible to use the MIDI in/out for the expression pedal and then use a 3 button switch?  

You cerntainly could use a MIDI Expression Pedal and a 3 button switch, if this is what you mean.

Unchained81

Hi – I have a question about an aux switch for the H9.  If I just want one for the tuner will a one-button aux switch work?   I’ve seen it mentioned that you need a 3-button switch but I’m assuming that’s for activating other functions as well.  I’m just looking for simpler access to the tuner.  Thanks.

nickrose
        Eventide Staff
        Unchained81 wrote:

Hi – I have a question about an aux switch for the H9.  If I just want one for the tuner will a one-button aux switch work?   I've seen it mentioned that you need a 3-button switch but I'm assuming that's for activating other functions as well.  I'm just looking for simpler access to the tuner.  Thanks.

If you just want it to activate the Tuner, a one button switch will be fine. (Make it momentary).

This allows you to use an expression pedal as well if you want (with a little fiddling).

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.