Newfangled Audio Plugins on HiDPI in Cubase – Moseover not working correctly.

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Newfangled Audio Plugins on HiDPI in Cubase – Moseover not working correctly.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      honeyhill
      Participant

Hi,

hovering with the mouse over filter bands in Newfangled Audio plugins does not work correctly in Cubase with HiDPI mode enabled. The automatic selection is highlighted some bands right from the band where the mouse is hovering over. I tried to attach a screenshot but the upload failed. I do not know why.

Thanks,

Oliver

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Oliver,

I see your screenshot.  I have to look into this.  Can you try resizing the UI and letting me know if that fixes the problem?  Also, what is the zoom level of your monitor?  Are you using two monitors?

Thanks,

Dan

honeyhill
      Participant

Hi Dan,

wow that was a quick reply! πŸ™‚ Thank you. I am using two 2k Monitors, I am on Windows 10 with a NVIDIA GPU and System scaling set to 125% for both monitors. Cubase has a dedicated HiDPI mode in it’s preferences. As soon as this is enabled the mouseover issue happens. I tried scaling the plug-in GUI and also tried disabling OpenGL without any luck. I also have a MacBook Pro with Retina Display, I will check tomorrow if it produces the same issues.

I realized that the mouse cursor is not visible in the Screenshot. If it helps, I am happy to do a quick screen recording, demonstrating what happens in the plug-ins. If you need to know any detailed systems specs, let me know.

Thanks for the great support and Best,
      Oliver

honeyhill
      Participant

Hi Dan,

I recordet a screen capture video in which you can see what’s happening. I demonstrate it with HiDPI enabled and HiDPI disabled. I also uploaded another screenshot, this time with the mouse cursor visible.

I hope this helps you to fix the issue for the next update. πŸ™‚

Screen Recording: https://we.tl/t-X2WrJ8qUfa

My system specs:

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz   3.79 GHz

RAM: DIMM DDR4 32GB/3200 Corsair LPX Vengeance 2

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Mainboard: MB S-1200 Z490 ASUS Prime Z490-A

Monitors: 2 x EIZO FlexScan EV2750 (2560x1440px)

Windows 10 Pro

Version: 20H2

Build: 19042.985

Cubase Pro 11

Version: 11.0.20

Run elevate as VST3

Thanks a lot and best regards,

Oliver

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Oliver,

Thanks, I'll look at this and get a fix in.  It appears that the plug-in is not picking up the screen resolution correctly in Cubase only, so I'll have to figure out why that is.  Sorry for the problem.

Dan

honeyhill
      Participant

Hi Dan,

great to hear that you’re on it! πŸ™‚ I also experienced that other plugins with a stepped sizing option build in, having less problems in Cubase. Maybe that is an option that helps to solve the problem.

However I’m sure you find a solution.

Thanks,

Oliver

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.