Newfangled Elevate bundle does not show up in Logic 10.6.2

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Newfangled Elevate bundle does not show up in Logic 10.6.2

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      walt.szalva
      Participant

Installed version 1.8.1 of the Newfangled Mastering bundle and none of the plugins show up in Logic 10.6.2 running Catalina 10.15.7. Plugins show as validated in Logic and they show up and function in Ableton Live 11.

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

Since your plug-ins are showing up and functioning in Ableton, its seems that this issue is specific to Logic. 

Here are some general troubleshooting steps that could help solve your issue:

1. Launch Logic Pro X
      2. Go to Preferences->Plug-in Manager and select "Reset and Rescan Selection"
      3. If the plugin fails validation, then copy the output of the white window, and send it to us
      4. If the plugin passes validation but still does not show in the Insert menus, try the following steps:
        1. Close Logic Pro X
        2. Make sure Finder is the active application
        3. While holding the Option key, click on the Go menu at the top of your screen and select Library
        4. Delete the following files from your User Library, if they are present:
          1. ~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache
          2. The contents of ~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/
          3. ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.InfoHelper.plist
          4. ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.audio.SandboxHelper.plist

5. Then, open a Terminal window (Applications -> Utilities -> Terminal), and enter the following commands (type each command and press "Enter" afterwards)
          1. killall -9 cfprefsd
          2. killall -9 AudioComponentRegistrar

6. Restart your computer
        7. Restart Logic Pro X

Let me know if that solves your issue. 

Thanks,

Tyler 

tbskoglund
      Eventide Staff

If you still aren't able to see the plug-ins in Logic after the above steps, can you open the plug-in manager and confirm that all of the of the the plug-ins have been selected (shown as a check mark next to the plug-in) in the "Use" tab? 

walt.szalva
      Participant

Ran through all of the procedures listed above yesterday (after contacting Eventide tech support) and it did not work yesterday. Did it all again today and now they are showing and working in Logic. Meanwhile, as a test I tried them in GarageBand and I get a PACE error. This is not an issue for me, since I will (probably) never use third party plugins in GarageBand. Much thanks.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Walt,

I'm sorry I'm just seeing this now.  There's a bug in the AU Component Registrar in Catalina which means that if you install and AU plug-in after you've launched Logic you'll need to reboot your machine after installing before Logic will see and scan it.  There was and is a workaround in the installer that works for all MacOS versions except for Catalina.  Again, I'm really sorry I didn't see this until now.

Dan

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.