NKS support

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins NKS support

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Inactive

Hello,

Although I can't speak to NKS support with other Eventide plugins at the moment, I can say that we have considered it. Thanks for posting; it's always good to know what our users want!

Best,

– Collin

hainezoo
      Participant

Hi,

after blackhole will there be other plugins available in NKS format ? (

(I am thinking of the new SP2016, Utrareverb, H910…)

Regards

TGLEluvsStarfish
      Participant

So I finally upgraded to Antholgy XI (THANK YOU Eventide for the SWEET BLACK FRIDAY, BTW!!!!!) and I’m actually kinda shocked that Blackhole  was the only one with NKS support. Nks just makes it a lil sweeter to use with Maschine. and anyone using Komplete Kontrol

PS you can also see the EWQL integrationis a bit spotty too ( this may be my fault as I’m on an older version of Play) but I’d like to see some of the bigger plugin designers support it if it doesnt siphon away too much in the way of resources.

MTamayo
      Participant

Please add NKS to all of your plugins please! I’m sure all users of Maschine and your plugins will love this!

mark williams
      Participant

Yes NKS should be added to your plugins…

Fender17
      Participant

Yes, I would love NKS support. In the best case for all plugins, in the worst case at least those derived from h9.

ians
      Participant

+1 from me

matthewstyles
      Participant

H3000 factory NKS Support <3<3<3

UrbanEric
      Participant

Please add NKS Support!!

Scott Kerr
      Participant

Would love NKS to be added to other plugins.

TGLEluvsStarfish
      Participant

As I buy more of your plugs: I HAVE TO SAYI I WAS KINDA WRONG B4- I WOULD LOVE NKS  OR AKAI VIP support for your plugs, I have around 1500 plugins and finding the sound I want can be a PITA. I work mainly in Maschine and FLStudio for writing, Reaper, Logic Mixbuss for mixing. and theres no way to have universal faves and browsing without more companys adopting support.

ArguZ
      Participant

I much rather have proper scalable UIs before NKS.

NKS only benefits a small user base, proper 2020 UIs will benefit everyone.

dlnewhouse
      Participant

What does NKS support mean relative to a plugin working with Cubase v Nuendo?  I have looked at the Native Instruments site, and noted that their plugins work with Cubase.  

Home Studio 87
      Participant

But “we” all know that Komplete kontrol and maschine will support VST3 soon….

Fender17
      Participant

Here comes “homemade” NKS support for Pendulate plugin created by Native Instruments Forum user Kymela.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9pwpm2l0nu3gnuq/AADDtFgUcna31z7FVEHWF5X5a?dl=0

https://www.native-instruments.com/forum/threads/nks-user-library.262959/page-88

I really do not get it why Eventide does not provide NKS support at least for plugins dating from Blackhole. Come on, that is not nuclear-weapon science. 🙂 I am used to DoItYourself, I got “training”by communists in my country…. But to say the truth, I grown older and lazyer and got used to excellent service of free market economy.

Do you realy want me to return to the old communist times and DoItYourself again? For the whole Anthology Xi costing $1000+? NKS may be niche, but as you see, few days after release of Pendulate here comes the homemade NKS support by NKS niche users. :-DDD

Fender17
      Participant

NKS Pendulate plugin.

Here comes updated NKS support including preset sound preview.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/cb5nq8kxewgcil9/AACoTtjcBI2tWppgaB5GBm0pa?dl=0

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff
      dlnewhouse wrote:

What does NKS support mean relative to a plugin working with Cubase v Nuendo?  I have looked at the Native Instruments site, and noted that their plugins work with Cubase.  

NKS is a format by Native Instruments that builds on VST2. It's only used by Maschine and Komplete Kontrol. All of our plugins work in Cubase and Nuendo.

Fender17
      Participant
      Home Studio 87 wrote:

But “we” all know that Komplete kontrol and maschine will support VST3 soon….

Would spport for VST3 in Maschine and Komplete Kontrol mean, that NKS support will not be necesary for VST3 plugins?

And are Eventide plugins VST3?

It seems to me that only single one Eventide plugin supports NKS. :-((((

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

We do not know Native Instruments' plans, but NKS will presumably keep working on VST2 in Maschine/Komplete Kontrol even after VST3 is added, or perhaps they'd update their spec to use VST3. In either case I don't think there's cause for worry.

Eventide plugins all offer VST2 and VST3 versions. At the moment, only Blackhole has NKS support.

Fender17
      Participant
      tlongabaugh wrote:

Eventide plugins all offer VST2 and VST3 versions. At the moment, only Blackhole has NKS support.

Why do you not provide NKS support? At least for new plugins released after Blackhole. I understand that is requires some work, but to my understanding not so much. I cannot be more than one manday per plugin.

NKS support would my life brighter. I even consider to add NKS support to your plugins on my own, if you will not do it yourself  Unless Maschine/Komplete Kontrol support of VST3 would bring similar functionalities like NKS. 

wilkinsi
      Participant
      ArguZ wrote:

I much rather have proper scalable UIs before NKS.

NKS only benefits a small user base, proper 2020 UIs will benefit everyone.

Totally agree with the desire for scalable UI’s.

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.