No Algo Message At today’s Gig

Home Forums Products Stompboxes No Algo Message At today’s Gig

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      davec69
      Participant

Got to my gig today, only to find that my H9Max had apparently lost all of it’s Algorithms between home and the venue.  When I initiialy powered it up at the show, I got the message “No Algo”.  I then tried a couple more times, and got some error messages.   Fortunately, I had my Ipad with me, and I quickly connected it to the H9 via bluetooth, and shortly after, the Algorithms had returned.

Anyone have any ideas as to what happened?  I’d really like to avoid this in the future.  I don’t always carry my Ipad with me to gigs.

gkellum
      Participant

Normally, you'll only seeing that message if you power off your H9 while demoing an algorithm. It means that the H9 has powered up and tried to load a preset whose algorithm you don't own.  I've seen that before as well after upgrading once or twice.  Had you upgraded the software on your H9 beforehand?  What had you been doing beforehand?

It's easy to get rid of though.  You press the preset switch and turn the big black wheel. It will scroll to the next preset.  Actually, it's supposed to handle this problem by itself and automatically scroll to the next good preset if it starts up in this state; we thought we had fixed this issue a few releases ago.

davec69
      Participant

I have my H9Max filled with all the presets that I need, so I haven’t needed to program it recently.   I unplugged it at our rehearsal space the night before, and plugged it in at the gig the next day, that’s when I got the No Algo error message.  I could not access any presets.  When I tried to scroll through the presets, I got another error message 1.7777777g or something.  It wasn’t until I connected the H9 to my Ipad via bluetooth,  that’s when the presets returned.  

gkellum
      Participant

Alright, I'll have to talk to one of my colleagues about that.  I don't think we've ever seen that happen before.  A lot of unusual behavior can be caused by power problems.  That might have nothing to do with what you've experienced, but could you let us know if you're not using the Eventide power supply but something else instead?

davec69
      Participant

Power issue is the first thing that came to mind.   We were playing at the bandshell in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco.   That place was built in 1899.  Who knows how old the wiring is.  We’ve played there the last 7 years, with no issues, but this is the first time with the H9.  

davec69
      Participant

Yes.  I am using the original Eventide power supply.

gkellum
      Participant

I spoke with one of my colleagues about your problem.  He said that he's never seen the problem as you describe it either, but if it happens regularly, you should send it in for us to take a look at.  If you see it again, just turning your H9 off and on again may help, but it's hard to say for sure as we haven't seen this firsthand.

In any case hopefully, it was just related to the power at the venue you played at, but if you do see it again in the future, you can email support@eventide.com to let us know.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.