No iLok Required?

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins No iLok Required?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 reply threads
  • Author
      jfreak
      Participant

Excuse me for asking a dumb question, but what has changed regarding plugin auth, if any?

I just received a newsletter that said no iLok required for 2016 and Omnipressor, and the same is said on eventide store frontpage 2016 sale ad.

But when I click the Native Plug-Ins link on the left, the page says "ALL Native plugins require an iLOK2 USB Key Dongle!

I'm an old customer. How can I get iLok free Eventide plugins..?

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi jfreak,

Please download the new installers from here:

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Plug-ins/Native%20Plug-in%20Support.aspx

Dan

BKarrfalt

If not iLok, then what is the new CP scheme? Serial # only?  C/R?  If C/R, what are the restrictions? There doesn't seem to be any information available on your site.  The support page for Native plug-ins

http://www.eventide.com/AudioDivision/Support/Plug-ins/Native%20Plug-in%20Support.aspx

does not have a documentation link for the 2016, while the doc for Omnipressor is dated 2011 and only mentions iLok authorization.

This is very welcome news to those of us who will not utilize dongleware.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi BKarrfalt,

We're still using the PACE system, but one of the new features is the ability to go dongle-less.  So, you can still use an iLok2 if you'd prefer, but you can also use the license to authorize an iLok1, or your computer.  We've also changed the number of possible locations to 2, so you can authorize an iLok and a computer, or two different computers.

We've been testing this over the last couple of months, and it works great.

I will try to get more information up about this.

Thanks,

Dan

orcasound
      Participant

Dan  – I just purchased this through an online retailier – the eventide site is telling me the serial is invalid… 

orcasound
      Participant

Dan – i just purchased this 2016 Native Au 64bit (been patiently waiting for 64…)

I recd the serial and license code from the retailer – but your site keeps telling me that the serial number is invalid – I selected 2016 Stereo Room PlugIn…

Was really hoping to put this through its paces this evening in the studio.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi orcasound,

The distribution issue is fixed now.  If you have a serial number higher than SR-200000, you should be able to register your product without a problem.

If you do have any trouble, please let us know.

Thanks,

Dan

flo_bielmann

Hi Dan and thanks to Eventide for introducing this great authorisation system. Due to this, I bought two more of your plugins, and I can use them on my laptop w/o a dongle while the ilok is connected to the Computer in the studio.

Will this "double-license" system also be applied to your other plugs, like blackhole, and be valid for existing customers? Currently it seems to still be "ilok only" except the excellent omnipressor & 2016.

In any case, I hope you have started a new trend among ilok vendors, this is a positive development I think.

regards, f

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi flo,

We've been so focused on this release that we really haven't discussed what to do with the Blackhole and Factory plug-ins.  I will certainly add your request to the pile, however.

Thank you for the kind words,

Dan

anabkemeir
      Participant

So how does one install Omnipressor that I just purchased? I do not have an ILOK. I DL Omnipressor and during install it said I had to install ilok. I tried to register the serial at Eventide and it asks for ILOK account. I RTFM and it says you need an ILOK.The email brochure I received said LOOK MA NO ILOK

What am I missing here? Clear/concise instructions please.

Thanks…..Anthony

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Anthony,

I do understand that the initial email wasn't very clear.  We no longer require you to have an iLok dongle, but we are still using the PACE system for the plug-in license, and they're still using the work iLok for a lot of their branding.  So what you need to do is create an account at http://www.ilok.com and download their iLok License Manager software to install on your computer.

Once you do this, you can register your plug-in on eventide.com, which will send automatically send a license to your iLok account, which will appear in iLok License Manager.  At this point, you can move this license onto your computer and the plug-in will be authorized and work.  Alternatively after you've installed iLok License Manger and registered the plug-in, you can launch your DAW.  Once the DAW scans the installed plug-in it will present a dialog box to install the license on your computer.

Sorry for the confusion, this is new to us and we didn't anticipate all the problems people might have, but we should have done a better job communicating the situation.  We're planning to release new installers early next week that will streamline this process and clarify the situation in the manual.

If you have any other questions, please ask.

Thank You,
      Dan 

anabkemeir
      Participant

Perfect, Thanks!Just what I needed. I was about to muddlle through  the install/licensing but thought it would be nice to have your word on it. Works great.

Appreciate it……Anthony

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

So glad to hear it Anthony,

I'll add this list of instructions to the support page, or maybe the installer.

Thanks,
      Dan

Sacha E

Hi, Dan.

I think that when I signed up for an Eventide account to register my Omnipressor license, I actually entered "none" when asked for my iLok account. Stick out tongue All seemed fine, until I ran into unexpected trouble activating the plugin (iLok is still required in a way – just not the hardware dongle). And then I read your forum post on how to register it properly.

So now my question is this: "where can I change my iLok data in my Eventide account?"

I have not been able to find it anywhere.

And to avoid any further mishaps: exactly what is the iLok account data one is supposed to enter?
      I assume it is the user id chosen when signing up at iLok.com, but I'm hoping you can confirm this.

With the iLok Lic.Mgr installed, all I need now is for my license to get sent to my account, and I should be good to go.

Cheers, Sacha

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Sacha,

I believe this is going to need an email to support@eventide.com.  If you want to use it in the mean time, if you go here you can download a demo license to get you through the next couple of days: http://eventide.com/AudioDivision/Products/PlugIns/NativePluginDemoReq.aspx

Dan

Sacha E

I expected as much, when I couldn't find it.

Thanks for the quick support, Dan. Yes

PS: it's great to see another developer giving us an untethered option to run their plugins.
      Down with the dongle! And may the Blackhole follow soon.

samplerbanker
      Participant

Blackhole with PACE please!! Smile

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hey Guys,

Working on it.

Dan

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.