no sound undulator

Home Forums Products Stompboxes no sound undulator

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      silver_mica
      Participant

I’ve got a weird issue with my H9.  Other effects work as expected – but my Undulator effect just does not work.  I hear sound with the effect on – but the undulator sound doesn’t come through and if I set the intensity to 99 then all sound is turn off.    Any idea what could be the issue?

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      silver_mica wrote:

I've got a weird issue with my H9.  Other effects work as expected – but my Undulator effect just does not work.  I hear sound with the effect on – but the undulator sound doesn't come through and if I set the intensity to 99 then all sound is turn off.    Any idea what could be the issue?

Have you tried reinstalling the software and doing a factory reset?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

If you are running mono, make sure that you are using input 1 and output 1. Also, try it with KILLDRY both on and off.

Further, if you are in an effects loop, try it GUITAR-H9-AMP to see if that is different. Also, experiment with cables.

silver_mica
      Participant

I believe the issue came from putting the H9 into the effects loop of my amp AND having the volume very low.   I’ve duplicated the symptoms with three different H9s using the same amp, cables and setup.   The symptoms are: most (if not all) other effects such as chorus, flange and delay work fine – but when you switch to the Undulator algorithm that effect isn’t triggering (there is sound, but no Undulator effect) and when you turn the intensity up to 99 there is no sound.  Fixing the issue (for my amp) is to turn up the volume of my amp enough to trigger the Undulator algorithm – then, the Undulator effect works as expected.  

silver_mica
      Participant
      bohan wrote:

silver_mica wrote:

I’ve got a weird issue with my H9.  Other effects work as expected – but my Undulator effect just does not work.  I hear sound with the effect on – but the undulator sound doesn’t come through and if I set the intensity to 99 then all sound is turn off.    Any idea what could be the issue?

Have you tried reinstalling the software and doing a factory reset?

Not sure how to reinstall the software.   The same issue seems to occur with two H9s and it’s only the undulator algorithm that has the issue.  Weird.   I’ve used the undulator algorithm a lot in the past. Not sure why it would suddenly go away – on two H9 pedals.  I thought maybe there was some general setting that was wrong – but, I’m not really sure. 

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      silver_mica wrote:

Not sure how to reinstall the software.   The same issue seems to occur with two H9s and it's only the undulator algorithm that has the issue.  Weird.   I've used the undulator algorithm a lot in the past. Not sure why it would suddenly go away – on two H9 pedals.  I thought maybe there was some general setting that was wrong – but, I'm not really sure. 

Connect your H9 to your PC/Mac via USB cable, and click "Pedal Settings" -> "Update stompbox's software" in H9 Control

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.