No sound with H9 through front of amp

Home Forums Products Stompboxes No sound with H9 through front of amp

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      skyhighrocks

I want to use my Core through the front of my amp and my H9 through the loop. I go from guitar to input 1 on the core…output 1 feeds my Boss sd-1 and then out to the front of amp.

I'm not getting any sound at all other than a loud hiss…it amplifies a lot when I engage the SD-1. I've tried different cables so that's not the issue. Is there a special setting for using it in front of an amp? The Core shows that the guitar signal is getting through as it lights up with the green dot constantly.

EDIT: I'm getting no output sound out of either units now. I didn't change any settings. Was working fine last night at a gig.

gkellum
      Participant

No, there's no special setting for using it in front of an amp. It should just work. You might want to take the Boss sd-1 out to simplify the set-up and go straight from the Core into your amp. Then, double check the connections (I'm sure you already have.)  If they're right, I'd probably restore the Core to its factory defaults to make sure that it's not a problem with its settings.  If you have any presets you don't want to lose, back them up with H9 Control, and then, to restore it to its factory defaults, turn it off and then turn it on again with the right footswitch and big, black wheel pressed.

skyhighrocks

Already tried that….no luck. Neither unit is outputting sound now. Just did a reset too…same issue.

gkellum
      Participant

How are you powering the units?

skyhighrocks

with the included power supllies

gkellum
      Participant

Well, something weird is going on.  If you run your guitar directly into your amp using both of the cables involved one at a time, everything is working fine?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.