- This topic is empty.
March 1, 2021 at 11:49 pm #116376atomheart411Participant
I was trying to do some programming on my H9 and kept getting interrupted by “communication error with device”. I tried another cable, same thing. Tried different ports, same thing. Turned it off and on and now impossible to connect. Bluetooth connection works fine. Never had this problem before. This is on Windows 10 desktop. The pedal is up to date.Is it broken?
March 1, 2021 at 11:50 pm #157311bohanModeratorEventide Staffatomheart411 wrote:
I was trying to do some programming on my H9 and kept getting interrupted by "communication error with device". I tried another cable, same thing. Tried different ports, same thing. Turned it off and on and now impossible to connect. Bluetooth connection works fine. Never had this problem before. This is on Windows 10 desktop. The pedal is up to date.Is it broken?
Could you please try "Reset settings" -> "Reset all settings" in the Settings page in H9 Control?
March 4, 2021 at 10:36 pm #157341atomheart411Participant
Okay, tried that. No luck.
March 13, 2021 at 11:51 pm #157430atomheart411Participant
Nothing else on my board is connected to the PC. But my Motu828x is connected via USB at the moment. I looked at the device manager to see if the H9 might show up a sound device but it does not.
March 14, 2021 at 12:53 am #157431nickroseModeratorEventide Staff
The H9 should show up under "Sound, video and game controllers".
If it does not, try different cables, temporarily disconnect any other MIDI devices, and power cycle..
July 7, 2021 at 2:31 pm #158200jfgallantMember
I have a similar problem:
– connect H9 pedal to computer via USB;
– connect H9 pedal power. Pedal turns on;
– use a SysEx librarian software on Windows 10 computer to capture presets from pedal. Pedal appears in computer as “H9 Pedal” (as a USB MIDI class-compliant device). Librarian is set in capture mode, listening for incoming SysEx messages on the “H9 Pedal” port;
– follow instructions from H9 manual to dump the presets. I hear the bypass relays click and “PRESET” appears on LED display for a while. But no SysEx message is received by the software on the computer (I regularly use the same method to capture presets from other instruments, MIDI keyboards and controllers, with success);
– disconnect USB, use MIDI cables to connect the pedal via a USB-MIDI interface (I use a Roland UM-ONE mark 2), repeat: this time, messages are received, capture successful;
– disconnect MIDI cables, reconnect pedal via USB, repeat: this time, messages are received, capture successful.
I have repeated this procedure multiple times and it is consistent: after power on, at first the H9 Pedal won’t transmit SysEx over USB. It does not make a difference if USB is connected before or after the pedal is powered on. Only after completing at least one dump via 5-PIN DIN MIDI does the USB connection eventually come alive. My pedal says it’s running firmware v5.8.5.
Am I doing something wrong?Show More...Show Less...
March 4, 2021 at 10:44 pm #157342bohanModeratorEventide Staffatomheart411 wrote:
Okay, tried that. No luck.
Is your H9 the only device that connects to your PC? Are you using anything like MIDI via USB or 5-pin port?
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.