Noob Question: select Algos for presets.

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Noob Question: select Algos for presets.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      Bzerk

Hi!

Just got my H9 yesterday (works amazingly well in the FX loop of the Eleven Rack).

I don't have a win/ios device, only android ;( For the moment, I try to tweak stuff by using the knobs and switch on the device.

I have a few questions:

I would like to create a preset. So far I start by editing for instance preset 1, It is based on the HALL algo, I would like some other algo, how can I switch the algorithm on this preset?

Do I have to select a preset with the algo I want tu use, tune it, and save/overwrite the preset 01 ?

In this case, is there a way to find a preset using the algo I want easily?

Bonus question: If it works like that and I do something really stupid such as overwriting all the presets with the same preset, using a given algo, how could I create a preset with an other algo after that? (yeah, ok, really dumb).

Sorry, those are probably really noob questions…

Guillaume.

gkellum
      Participant

Hi Guillaume,

Yes, currently there is no way to directly select an algorithm on the H9.  So, you do have to select a preset with the algorithm you want to use, tune it, and save/overwrite another preset.  (It doesn't have to be a preset at the same position.  You can modify preset 88 and save it to position 12.)  There are a couple of different ways you could go about finding a preset with a certain algorithm.  If you're looking at a loaded preset on the H9, pressing the preset button will show you the name of the algorithm used by the preset.  Also, I've also copied below a table showing the mapping  from the preset name to the algorithm used;  this will also be posted on the product page for the H9 soon, although it isn't there right now.  

>  If it works like that and I do something really stupid such as overwriting all the presets with the same > preset, using a given algo, how could I create a preset with an other algo after that? 

Actually, this is a very good question.  You can restore all the factory presets by holding the right footswitch and the wheel down when the H9 is restarting, but this will wipe out all of your own presets.  Or you could transfer over a preset with that algorithm using H9 Control;  unfortunately, we don't support Android yet, but there are builds of iOS, Mac OS X, and Windows.  Ideally you would be able to select an algorithm on the H9's interface directly, but this isn't currently supported.  I'm maintaining a wish list of H9 features though, and I've marked this down as a feature request. 

PRESET

ALGORITHM

1 ULTRATAP

ULTRATAP

2 BALLERINA

H910 H949

3 WARMTH

CHORUS

4 LENNON SLAP

TAPE ECHO

5 1984PANAMA

H910 H949

6 EARTH HALL

HALL

7 I WALK ALONE

TREMOLOPAN

8 STREETS

VINTAGE DELAY

9 SHIMMER

SHIMMER

10 BATMAN

ULTRATAP

11 CLASSIC CRYSTALS

CRYSTALS

12 POLYMODELICIOUS

CHORUS

13 FIBONACCI TAPE

TAPE ECHO

14 WOMENINLOVE

H910 H949

15 KUBRIX

HALL

16 TUMBLEWEED TREM

TREMOLOPAN

17 AMBIENT VINTAGE

VINTAGE DELAY

18 MOUNTAINS

SHIMMER

19 BOUNCING BALL

ULTRATAP

20 1984LEGS

H910 H949

21 SPINNING

CHORUS

22 TAPE FOR VOCALS

TAPE ECHO

23 3 OCTAVE RANGE

H910 H949

24 CORRIDORS

HALL

25 RAMPCHOPPER

TREMOLOPAN

26 FOUNDIT

VINTAGE DELAY

27 IRONWORX

SHIMMER

28 GHOSTHUNTER

ULTRATAP

29 SEAGULLS

CRYSTALS

30 PULSATING

CHORUS

31 CLASSIC SLAP

TAPE ECHO

32 AREYOUTHERE

CRYSTALS

33 DARK CAVE

HALL

34 SQUARE CHOPPER

TREMOLOPAN

35 LONG VINTAGE H9

VINTAGE DELAY

36 TOUCHED BY AN H9

SHIMMER

37 MOSQUITO

ULTRATAP

38 DISAPPEARING HAL

ULTRATAP

39 70S GUITAR CHORU

CHORUS

40 RECORD HEAD

TAPE ECHO

41 POWERCHORD

H910 H949

42 DELAYEDPLATE

HALL

43 HELLS GATE

SHIMMER

44 VINTAGE VOCAL

VINTAGE DELAY

45 SIZE MATTERS

SHIMMER

46 STUTTER

ULTRATAP

47 STEAMPUNK

CRYSTALS

48 CHORUS BUMPS

CHORUS

49 BE WOWED

TAPE ECHO

50 SHATTER

H910 H949

51 CARNEGIE HALL

HALL

52 SPECIAL AGENT FA

TREMOLOPAN

53 ROTTEN OLD DELAY

VINTAGE DELAY

54 SNEAKY VERB

SHIMMER

55 SLOWING DOWN

ULTRATAP

56 FROM A BAD DREAM

CRYSTALS

57 LIQUID SWEETENER

CHORUS

58 MULTI SLAP

TAPE ECHO

59 PHOTON BEAM

H910 H949

60 DOOM CHAMBER

HALL

61 ULTRASWELL

ULTRATAP

62 LO-REZ TRAIL

VINTAGE DELAY

63 QUASAR

SHIMMER

64 ZIPPERVERB

ULTRATAP

65 REVERSE DETUNE E

CRYSTALS

66 BIG CLONE

CHORUS

67 REELTOREEL

TAPE ECHO

68 INSANITY BUILD

H910 H949

69 PHANTOM VERB

HALL

70 FLUTTER TREM

TREMOLOPAN

71 SLAPVINTAGE

VINTAGE DELAY

72 DARK ANGELS

SHIMMER

73 CHOPHALL

ULTRATAP

74 PITCH A LA V

CRYSTALS

75 CLASSIC CHORUS

VINTAGE DELAY

76 FLUTTERWOW

TAPE ECHO

77 RISING SWIM

H910 H949

78 VAPOR TRAIL

HALL

79 PULSING TREM

TREMOLOPAN

80 LONG OLD DELAYS

VINTAGE DELAY

81 NEROS ASCENT

SHIMMER

82 SIX PULSING

ULTRATAP

83 REVERSELOWS

CRYSTALS

84 HUH FLANGE

ULTRATAP

85 UBETTERRUN

VINTAGE DELAY

86 BACKING VOCAL

H910 H949

87 PANOROMANCE

HALL

88 PANNING TREMO

TREMOLOPAN

89 NICE OLD ECHOES

VINTAGE DELAY

90 GUNSHOT SNARE

SHIMMER

91 FOLLOW ME

ULTRATAP

92 CLOCKWORX

ULTRATAP

93 NANO STUDDER

ULTRATAP

94 TAPEDRONE

TAPE ECHO

95 WEIRDBASS

CRYSTALS

96 SYNTH GHOSTS

ULTRATAP

97 BULLFROG

ULTRATAP

98 TAPSLAP

ULTRATAP

99 GLITCHTRIGGER

ULTRATAP

Bzerk

Thank you very much for your answer.

I saw the list of preset, there are a lot I really want… Can I use someone else ios device to buy an algo?

Will my device tied to the iphone? Or the algo tied to the iphone?

Or is the iphone just a way to pay then the algo is tied to my device and account and if somedays you release H9 control for android I will seed everything I already paid on the android app?

If it is the case, I would be great, I could borrow a ios device while waiting to use H9 control on my phone and tablet (android is quite popular here, in europe).

gkellum
      Participant

Yes, you can use someone else's iOS device to buy an algorithm.  Apple's iTunes Connect is just a way to pay for an algorithm.  The information about the purchase goes to Eventide's server, and the algorithm is connected to your Eventide account.  So, yes, when we later release an Android app, when you connect to an H9, it will ask you for your Eventide account information and it will go and get all of your purchased algorithms from Eventide and show them on your Android device.  This is the way it works on the desktop versions of H9 Control as well…

Bzerk

Great!

Thank you very much for your answers. I will try to borrow an ios device today.

wilkinsi
      Participant

Now if we could have these presets added to the Eclipse… Wink

gkellum
      Participant

Bzerk:

I saw the list of preset, there are a lot I really want… Can I use someone else ios device to buy an algo?

Did you mean you saw the list of algorithms and there were a lot that you want?  Because the list of presets that I posted above are all of the presets that come standard with an H9.  You should have all of those presets already…

Bzerk

Sorry, I meant algorithms… I borrowed an iphone and got the free algo yesterday. I choose the Quadravox, Amazing!

I saw that there is some documentation about the midi sysex protocol for the factor pedals. Is it the same protocol for the H9 or will you release some doc about it?

I found a nice trick, I configured my FCB 1010 to help in tweaking the parameters for the H9.

Each of the 10 footswich select a parameter (from  KB0 to KB9) and the right expression pedal set the value of the choosen parameter. It works!

Now, If I have time, I will write a small software to do it with my tablet. It will be more convenient than on the device itself (but if your android soft is around the corner, I'd rather not waste my time on that).

Having such a good and documented midi implementation is really cool.

I wrote ElevenHack, a free rig loader to the Eleven Rack, and I can tell you that guessing the whole sysex protocol and the binary file format had been a nightmare. When I saw that you document even your sysex messages, I was ecstatic 🙂

I used the H9 for the first time with my band yesterday…  made a big impression !.

gkellum
      Participant

Bzerk:

I found a nice trick, I configured my FCB 1010 to help in tweaking the parameters for the H9.

Each of the 10 footswich select a parameter (from  KB0 to KB9) and the right expression pedal set the value of the choosen parameter. It works!

That's really clever. I wouldn't have thought that would be possible with a FCB 1010.

The H9 supports the same MIDI protocol as the Factor pedals;  so that document you found is the best source of documentation for it.  We'll have to copy that over to the documentation section for the H9 and check to see if it needs any updating.

H9 Control itself uses a different MIDI sysex protocol, but the protocol H9 Control uses is encrypted to make it impossible for anyone to connect to your device over Bluetooth and start messing with it. Because of the encryption, it's not possible for other applications to use it, but I don't think there would be any advantage to using it anyway over the existing MIDI sysex protocol.

Bzerk:

Now, If I have time, I will write a small software to do it with my tablet. It will be more convenient than on the device itself (but if your android soft is around the corner, I'd rather not waste my time on that).

I'm not sure how you would define "around the corner", but we aren't working on the Android version right now.  The next release is going to have the in app store functionality for the desktop builds of H9 Control and it's going to have a new algorithm.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.