Octavox

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Octavox

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      beaupeap

iLok shows that Octavox is Activated,  How do I Launch this plugin?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi-

If you've run the installer, you should be able to open it in any AAX/AU/VST compatible host.

If you are on Windows and using VST, you should make sure that you have set up your DAW to include the following VST path:

c:Program FilesCommon FilesSteinbergVST2Eventide if your DAW is 64-bit

or

c:Program Files (x86)Common FilesSteinbergVST2Eventide if your DAW is 32-bit

beaupeap

Perhaps I am trying to use a plugin that’s not gonna work?  At my “work station” I input to Garage Band via vocal processing hardware and record separate tracks on Garage Band.  I thought that Octavox was gonna be a plugin that I could click to open, set up harmony, and then record “live” to Garage Band. Am I wasting my time with this?

beaupeap
        beaupeap wrote:

Perhaps I am trying to use a plugin that’s not gonna work?  At my “work station” I input to Garage Band via vocal processing hardware and record separate tracks on Garage Band.  I thought that Octavox was gonna be a plugin that I could click to open, set up harmony, and then record “live” to Garage Band. Am I wasting my time with this?

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        beaupeap wrote:

Perhaps I am trying to use a plugin that's not gonna work?  At my "work station" I input to Garage Band via vocal processing hardware and record separate tracks on Garage Band.  I thought that Octavox was gonna be a plugin that I could click to open, set up harmony, and then record "live" to Garage Band. Am I wasting my time with this?

Octavox works like any other effect/plug-in in GarageBand. You can place it on a track and have it run while you record that track. There is a "Live Mode" setting that reduces the latency, which we recommend turning on while playing/recording. That being said, the Octavox effect will not be "printed" into the recorded audio file, until you bounce it.

Am I understanding your question correctly?

beaupeap

My previous statement explains how I have used Garage Band so far. Now, what I don’t understand, is how to “”Place it on a track” .  . I tried to drag Octavox from my finder, )where it was listed below my Mac), to a track in a Garage Band song, that didn’t work, and it disappeared from my finder.  As I have stated, I can find nothing in Garage Band related to Octavox plugin. I also have Logic Pro X, same problems as with Garage Band.  This Octavox would be so neat if you had designed it as a application working on its own time.  I have reviewed Octavox on YouTube, and am very anxious to try it out; I am very much interested in the vocal harmony portion. But I’m about ready to give up on ever getting the hamg of it.

beaupeap

Wanted to let you know, I finally got it to open with Logic Pro X.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi-

As you've probably figured out (since you have it working in Logic), you use Octavox by pulling it up in an "insert", from the menu that appears when you click in an insert slot. See the attached picture for where this is in GarageBand.

If it's not appearing int the insert menu in GarageBand, try the following steps:

1. Quite Garageband

2. Make sure Finder is the active application.

3. While holding the Option key, click on the Go menu at the top of your screen and select Library.

4. Delete the following files from your User Library, if they are present:

~/Library/Caches/com.apple.audiounits.cache 

~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/com.apple.audiounits.cache 

~/Library/Caches/AudioUnitCache/com.apple.audiounits.sandboxed.cache 

~/Library/Preferencescom.apple.audio.InfoHelper.plist

6. Relaunch Garageband. It should re-scan for your plug-ins.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.