Octavox Chromatic Mode

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Octavox Chromatic Mode

Tagged: ,

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      mikaellindblad
      Participant

Hi Eventide and everyone in the forum.

I’ve been using Octavox since it came out and can for my life not understand why it yet doesn’t support a chromatic scale? I really want to use it together with the MIDI-input chromatically, but not being able to do that really sets some limits that really don’t understand why they are there? Is this ever going to come to Octavox? I shouldn’t have to buy an H9000 to be able to do that should I? 🙂

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi,

I totally understand your frustration with this limitation, it bothers me as well.

The reason this hasn’t been added is, to be honest, architectural. Octavox was initially built as a diatonic pitch shifter, and MIDI support was added after the initial release of the plugin. Adding chromatic support would be quite difficult without overhauling most of the plugin. So, it’s unlikely this will be added to Octavox.

That said, we understand how/why this is such an oft-requested feature, and hope to address it in some way in the future.

-Tom

oboemaroni
      Participant

Just adding my support for a chromatic mode – the lack of it is putting me off buying Octavox.

gallende97
      Participant

same here, adding support for a chromatic mode. It would be such a huge improvement.

oboemaroni
      Participant

Just seen a post on another forum from ADSR sounds, who have Octavox on sale at the moment – they’re saying there have been updates to allow intervals to be set by MIDI note, but it’s not clear if this means the scale can now be ignored. Asked for clarification so will see what they say.

mikaellindblad
      Participant

Had almost forgotten about this request! Any updates regarding this question @eventidestaff? I’ve just settled with using multiple tracks with MIDI-filtering when using Octavox for chromatic stuff. With that said though, an update or another realtime pitch shifter plug-in able to process MIDI chromatically would be great!

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi, no updates at this time – chromatic mode is not supported.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.