Octavox Glide

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Octavox Glide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      hark
      Participant

Hi there,

i am missing a glide setting in octavox for smooth interval changes while bending a string or playing a slide. I noticed there was one in the protools version. could you please please bring that back??? abrupt interval changes doesnt sound good on freely intonated material, or maybe i am missing something?

all the best,

jörg 

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi Jorg-

We did remove the glide setting that used to exist in the TDM version, but frankly we didn't think it sounded very good, and was confusingly named. Additionally, it cluttered the GUI a bit much. If you (and/or others) think it's useful, we could look at adding it back in as a "hidden" control.

Best,

Tom

hark
        Participant
        TLongabaugh wrote:

Hi Jorg-

We did remove the glide setting that used to exist in the TDM version, but frankly we didn’t think it sounded very good, and was confusingly named. Additionally, it cluttered the GUI a bit much. If you (and/or others) think it’s useful, we could look at adding it back in as a “hidden” control.

Best,

Tom

Hi Tom,

i would be super thankful for that hidden option! I would also like to ask if it would be possible, to avoid interval switches by interpolating vibratos and bends to the appropriate interval of the scale. So if i bend from B to C in CMajor and the harmonizer is doing a 2nd, that it would smoothly interpolate that bend to a whole tone from C to D? 

For makinging slowly chnanging pads with the octavox (like my beloved players eivind aarset or nils petter molvaer) that would be a great help!

I hope you can see that i ask this nerdy questions cause i really love this plugin 🙂 i cant remember since when i got so inspired by a new fx!!!

best,

jörg

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff

Hi jörg-

I certainly wouldn't consider it a nerdy question – I can see why you'd like the feature. I will look into adding it back in shortly.

Best,

Tom

peterfrequency
      Participant

Just wondering, did this end up getting added back in? Thinking of buying this plugin

ericzang
      Participant

I’m also interested in this feature. Thanks!

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Noted. I don't believe it ended up being added back in, but we could revisit it.

hark
      Participant

That would be very nice 🙂

All the guitarists would like this feature added back in. Also the violinists and probably singers too!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.