Octavox live MIDI manipulation

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Octavox live MIDI manipulation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi svennysvensen-

Sorry to hear you're having issues with Octavox MIDI control in Logic X.

MIDI control of plug-ins in Logic is a bit confusing. You need to create a new instrument track, and select Octavox as the instrument (it wll be listed under AU MIDI-Controlled Effects->Eventide->Octavox). Then, select the track who's audio you want to process in the Sidechain menu in the top right of the plug-in window. Now, if you have the instrument track selected, you should be able to play/record MIDI notes affecting the source audio.

Let me know if that doesn't solve your issue.

Best,

Tom

Hey gang,

I just got Octavox, almost exclusively for the new possibilities of manipulated recorded audio through the playing of a keyboard. I’ve been fooling around with it for around an hour, and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to route the MIDI into the plugin so that pressing the keys does anything. I’ve got MIDI Control set to Gated, and everything else set such that I would think that pressing the keys would do something, but whether I manually turn on the voices or leave them off (as they are when I initially hit Gated), I can’t surmise the right way to get it set up so that I can dictate the pitch of the voicings by MIDI keyboard.

Any advice would be appreciated! Using Logic Pro X, by the way.

Roland Sproll
      Participant

I have the same problem with Ableton Live. Taking the octavox plugin to an audio track I get the audio signal, but no midi. Taking to a midi track it’s reversed.

How can I get both?

Roland Sproll
      Participant

In the meanwhile I found the solution by routing a separate midi track to the octavox audio track. The poblem was, I had multiple instances of octavox in one audio track. Then the midi routing can be done by the additional dropdown in the midi track.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi-

What you describe – one MIDI track routed to Octavox on an Audio track – is the routing required in Live. So, you've found the solution on your own!

-Tom

joseph818
        tlongabaugh wrote:

Hi-

What you describe – one MIDI track routed to Octavox on an Audio track – is the routing required in Live. So, you’ve found the solution on your own!

-Tom

how do i do this? it doesn’t work for me. there is no way in ableton to send midi information to an audio track

tlongabaugh
        Eventide Staff
        joseph818 wrote:

tlongabaugh wrote:

Hi-

What you describe – one MIDI track routed to Octavox on an Audio track – is the routing required in Live. So, you've found the solution on your own!

-Tom

how do i do this? it doesn't work for me. there is no way in ableton to send midi information to an audio track

To do this, you need to have a MIDI track, and an Audio track with Octavox on it, for the audio you'd like the process. Then you route the MIDI into the Audio track (see attached screenshot).

vesaa
      Participant

Hi, It’s an old thread, but I have a similar problem with Logic Pro X and Octavox. 

When I load Octavox to an audio track or as Software instrument, I just can’t find  ANY possibilties for sidechain.

I’m trying to control the harmonies with my keyboard, but I really don’t understand how to achieve this.

Can anybody help?

Stay safe!

vesaa
      Participant

Hi, thanks.  I don’t what I was thinking. Maybe I understood that you install it on  audio track and then control it with external midi track. 

However, sorry for a stupid question 😀

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff
      vesaa wrote:

Hi, It's an old thread, but I have a similar problem with Logic Pro X and Octavox. 

When I load Octavox to an audio track or as Software instrument, I just can't find  ANY possibilties for sidechain.

I'm trying to control the harmonies with my keyboard, but I really don't understand how to achieve this.

Can anybody help?

Stay safe!

Hi, you need to load Octavox in a Software Instrument track, under "Audio Midi-Controlled Effects". The sidechain option should then be in the top right of the plugin window.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.