Octavox on H9 please!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Octavox on H9 please!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      jayron
      Participant

Hello,

Can you tell please tell me you will release Octavox for the H9 stompbox? 🙂

I’m now experimenting with Quadravox but can’t really get the phat sound I do get with Octavox running on my pc. Really want to have this sound also for live performances.

Thanks very much!!

Jeroen

gkellum
      Participant
      jayron wrote:

I'm now experimenting with Quadravox but can't really get the phat sound I do get with Octavox running on my pc. 

Is the phat sound because of the detuning of the voices?  You might be able to get this on the H9 with 2 H9s where the first on is detuning the voices and the second one running Quadravox.  To get that phat sound on the H9, you could try using harmodulator with feedback or H910/H949 with detuning and feedback.

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi Jayron,

More specifically, what is the phat sound you're able to get on the Octavox Plug-in but not the H9?  If it's just 8 voices of diatonic shifting you might need two H9s, but if it's detuned voices and stuff we might be able to get something similar.

Dan

jayron
      Participant

This is the setup I have in octavox (VST plug-in) and how I’ve set it up in quadravox (on my H9).

The best I could get, but it seems that the Octavox keeps on giving the feedback delay (long tail) which makes the result much more ‘phat’….while the quadravox is very short without a (long) tail.

When the delay is having the feedback it creates an unison sound also by repeating…. (difficult to describe what I mean, but hope you get the point).

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Yeah, it's probably not what you want to hear, but you'd have to use two H9s to get that sound.  However you should be able to do it.  You'd have to use the H9s in parallel though.

Even if we were able to do 8 pitch shifters in H9, and I'm not sure we can, we wouldn't be able to do it with all the delay and feedback you're using in that patch.

Sorry,

Dan

jayron
        Participant
        DGillespie wrote:

Yeah, it’s probably not what you want to hear, but you’d have to use two H9s to get that sound.  However you should be able to do it.  You’d have to use the H9s in parallel though.

Even if we were able to do 8 pitch shifters in H9, and I’m not sure we can, we wouldn’t be able to do it with all the delay and feedback you’re using in that patch.

Sorry,

Dan

Well the good news is I have 2 H9’s… 🙂 What I did is this Quadravox patch on the first H9 send out the signal to the second H9 going through a delay (band delay using the same bpm and 1/4), but still it’s not as full and phat as the octavox.

Do you have a recommended setup which would get more to the octavox sound? Maybe another delay or setup? 

Thanks for thinking with me! 🙂 I don’t know how the algorithm of the octavox is built but still would be very interesting to see if it’s possible on an H9 if the H9 has enough DSP power.

jayron
      Participant

I just see in the screenshot of the Quadravox that the tempo wasn’t on while taking the shot, but it’s on 81bpm and the Delay D is on 1/4.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.