Octavox settings for Ballerina

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Octavox settings for Ballerina

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      robhicks666
      Participant

OK, I know this is probably a cliche but what the hell, you can’t get Eventide software/kit without trying to sound like Steve Vai for once in your life. 

Wondering if anyone has attempted to set up Octavox for the Steve Vai Ballerina patch. Wondering what the settings might be.

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Rob

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi Rob-

You should be able to get close with two voices enabled: One voice panned hard left to 900 cents and 180ms delay, and the other voice panned hard right at 500 cents and 360ms delay. Feedback 0% for both voices, and both intervals set to unison. The mix should be around 75%. Make sure you have "Pitch Tracking" set to Off, as you want to treat all incoming notes with the same amount of shift, and not restrict it to key.

Let me know how that works out!

Best,

Tom

robhicks666
      Participant

Hey Tom, you nailed it! many thanks for your help on this one. The settings you suggested sound close to perfect, now it’s just down to me playing the tune! What was important here however, is that the settings you suggested enabled me to learn a little more about what’s actually going on with the signal and for that I’m very grateful indeed. Thanks again.

Rob

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Rob-

Glad to help, enjoy the plug-in!

-Tom

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.