Octavox Staircase Effect?

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Octavox Staircase Effect?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      matthewjweiner
      Participant

In the manual for Octavox, it says: “Each voice has its own feedback loop that causes its own output to feed back into the input. It works best with some amount of delay and can create the popular staircase pitch effects when a semitone or more or shift is applied to the voice.” 

Unless I am mistaken, the bolded is not true — that in fact, it is simply a repeated delay of the pitched signal, not a pitched signal that is repeatedly fed back into itself and, hence, repeatedly pitched up or down.

Am I wrong? Or am I doing something wrong?

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi matthewjweiner-

That is an error in the manual, sorry about the confusion. The feedback loop does not go to the input of the pitch shifter, but rather right after the output of the pitch shifter. I will update the manual accordingly, thank you for spotting this!

Best,

Tom

matthewjweiner
      Participant

Thanks, Tom — that is what I had thought. That said, I hope you would consider implementing such a feature in the future — either globally or on a per voice basis. Octavox is already such a unique plugin, but based on my own experiments feeding it back globally in my DAW, the ability to feed back individual lines would really be something else.

tlongabaugh
      Eventide Staff

Hi-

I agree it would be a cool feature to implement, but to be honest, I doubt we will have time to implement it. A few of our other plug-ins (H3000 Factory and H910) have the ability to do the pitch staircase effect, though of course not with 8 voices.

-Tom

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.