Omnipressor on Mavericks

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins Omnipressor on Mavericks

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author

Hi

I'm using omnipressor AU in Reaper. I updated to OS X Mavericks the other day (previously using OS x 10.75) and have just noticed that the omnipressor is now only allowing sound out of the left channel.

I tried saving the preset, inserting a new instance of omnipressor and reloading the preset. This makes it work in stereo, but on listening closely I realised the compression is only being applied to the left channel.

I tried the same thing with the VST version, and that has a different problem. Both channels work, but it sounds like it is letting through the unprocessed sound as well as the compressed sound – you can hear to compressed sound underneath, like parallel compression.

Are there compatibility problems with Mavericks, and if so when will an updated version of omnipressor be available?

Thanks

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Hi timbobroberts,

We know of no compatibility issue with Mavericks.  I assume you're using the 2.1.3 version?  You can check by mousing over the word "Eventide" in the GUI, the version number will pop over.

The behavior you're talking about in AU sounds like it's loading the mono rather than the stereo version of the plug-in.  We don't test internally in Reaper, so I'm not very familiar with it, but IIRC there is some sort of channel routing matrix for stereo plug-ins in reaper.  How is this set?

As far as the VST version is concerned, there is a mix control in Omnipressor, though it's only accessible as an automation parameter.  Can you check automation to see how this is set?

Dan

Hi

I've manged to get it working now. The VST functions ok – it was just that I had bypassed the AU version of the plugin within the same chain, so it was still affecting the stereo image. Once I'd removed the AU version from the plugin chain it worked ok.

You're right about Reaper treating tracks slightly differently in terms of stereo – it doesn't differentiate between stereo and mono tracks (all tracks can be either depending on the source). I think this confuses some plugins – I've noticed that I have to always open Waves plugins as stereo instances (even on mono tracks) in order to get them to work properly in Reaper.

The problem does seem somehow related to Mavericks though, as the AU version was working fine before I upgraded from OS X 10.75. I'd downloaded the latest versions of Omnipressor (2.1.3) after upgrading my OS.

But as I say, all ok now. Just have to go through my projects and save the settings, then reopen in a VST version rather than AU.

Thanks, Tim

DGillespie
      Eventide Staff

Thanks for letting us know.  I'll double check in our test DAWs in Mavericks.

Thanks,

Dan

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.