Opening h9z files in H9 App

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Opening h9z files in H9 App

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      bodhijames

Hey Everyone,

Feeling rather dumb having to ask…

I've searched the interwebs including TGP and still haven't found out how to load/open h9z files in the H9 app. I'm using it on a Win7 PC.

Side note, I didn't have any problems connecting via Bluetooth! 

Any help with the h9z files would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

gkellum
      Participant

bodhijames:

I've searched the interwebs including TGP and still haven't found out how to load/open h9z files in the H9 app. I'm using it on a Win7 PC.

If you click on the Settings button in the bottom right corner of H9 Control and go to Import Presets or Preset Lists, clicking the import button in that screen will open a file browser which you can use to select an H9Z or SYX file.  But in the coming release of H9 Control, you'll be able to just drag and drop an H9Z (or SYX) file onto the app.

bodhijames

Excellent, thanks for the speedy response. Looking forward to the HP App update.

Billy Foppiano
      Participant

ANY way we can SAVE to a file so we can manipulate the Preset names and create a table of presets? Like in Factorlib?

gkellum
      Participant

Billy Foppiano:

ANY way we can SAVE to a file so we can manipulate the Preset names and create a table of presets? Like in Factorlib?

Well, you can export a preset or a preset list or all of your user data. The H9Z files mentioned earlier in this thread are just zip files which if renamed to .zip can be opened.

But if you want to change preset names, you can rename presets directly in H9 Control. If you want a table of presets, you could go directly to where H9 Control stores its files and use command line tools to create one. One of my colleagues asked me yesterday to create a file list of all of the factory presets bundled with H9 Control; you can do that for instance on Mac with a command like:

ls -m1 *>> file-list.txt

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.