Opto/Bias Tremolo / Phaser Question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Opto/Bias Tremolo / Phaser Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      microwerx
      Participant

Hello,

I have a question about using the Tremolo on my Mod Factor. I want to recreate a Fendery opto style tremolo and a Vox bias style tremolo. My question is, which LFO will recreate the appropriate waveforms for these effects? I've just been using one of the presets that sounds good, but when I try to create my own, it doesn't sound quite right. For example, when I try to recreate a Fender type tremolo, I expect it to be kind of square wave like, but the square wave is on/off/on/off…but not quite like the vintage circuit…so it sounds like I'm using a Boss slicer type effect. Any advice?

My second question is, does anyone have some good Small Stone style patches they've come up with for their Mod Factors?

Any help and advice would be immensely appreciated.

achaput

Hello,

For the style of Tremolo you're looking for I would start with Factory Preset 7:1, Tumbleweed Trem. It uses a SINE wave.

brickbriscoe
      Participant

so more or less set up preset list on both and they will coincide if I do the first thing?

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        brickbriscoe wrote:

so more or less set up preset list on both and they will coincide if I do the first thing?

Yes. For instance, if you switch the first H9 to preset 10, the second H9 will also go to preset 10. 

brickbriscoe
        Participant
        bohan wrote:

brickbriscoe wrote:

Yes. For instance, if you switch the first H9 to preset 10, the second H9 will also go to preset 10. 

so if i want it to switch the second one to “bypassed” is there something i need to do?  when i’m switiching the sercond one comes in armed as well

thanks

brickbriscoe
      Participant

you answered my question before I even asked!  thanks.  now if i can find a tutuorial on linking my two h9 via midi for my set list using one to change both units as needed i’m all set!

thaks

Brick

achaput wrote:

Hello,

For the style of Tremolo you’re looking for I would start with Factory Preset 7:1, Tumbleweed Trem. It uses a SINE wave.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      brickbriscoe wrote:

If I can find a tutorial on linking my two h9 via midi for my set list using one to change both units as needed I'm all set!

If you just want to use one H9 to control another H9 when you switch presets, it's easy. Just use a MIDI cable to connect your H9s. Go to your first H9's setting menu by pressing and holding HOTKNOB and right footswitch, and set as follows: Settings->MIDI->PGM.XMT->turn it to ON, then you are all set. If you want to transmit more messages and control more parameters/expression, this thread may be helpful: https://www.eventideaudio.com/community/forum/stompboxes/controlling-pitchfactor-and-modfactor-midi

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      brickbriscoe wrote:

so if i want it to switch the second one to "bypassed" is there something i need to do?  when i'm switiching the sercond one comes in armed as well

Every preset in H9 can be saved with "Bypassed" or "Activated". If you bypass this preset and save it again. When you switch to this preset it should be bypassed.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.