Organizing H9 Presets

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Organizing H9 Presets

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      russh9

Hi! Is there an easy way to organize the presets on my H9 via my Iphone?

gkellum
      Participant

Well, do you have our iPhone app, H9 Control, installed?  I'm not sure from your post whether you're not aware of the existence of the app or if you've just been having trouble using it.  In any case you can download it here:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/h9-control/id568128041?mt=8#

russh9

I do, Just cant figure out how to organize from the phone. 

russh9

I do, Just cant figure out how to organize the presets from the app.

gkellum
      Participant

We've made some help videos that might be helpful to you.  The entire video playlist is here:

All of our help videos so far are using the iPad interface, and we might need to make some videos that are specific to the iPhone interface.  But the videos "25. Saving Presets with H9 Control on iPad" and "26. Organizing Presets using Lists" still give a good explanation of the available functionality, even though the layout might differ somewhat on the iPhone.

There was a forum post yesterday from a user who was confused about how to transfer a preset list from an iPhone to his H9.  If you want to use the preset list functionality for organizing your presets and are having trouble navigating it, the explanation I gave there might be helpful.

http://forum.eventide.com/cs/forums/t/8699.aspx

I too am having the hardest time figuring out how to organize the order of presets I’ve created in a list on the iPhone. All these videos and manual clearly state that from the list page, I need to click the “Edit List” button at the top of the screen to then drag around the buttons to desired positions. Well, this button is non-existent on the iphone in this page. The only buttons that show at the top (in order) are Back  To Pedal  More   …even under “More” we have the following- Copy to user presets, copy preset, Paste preset (which is inactive for some reason), Swap presets (also inactive, and not sure why), Insert preset, delete preset, Rename Preset….

So, there’s no button called “Edit List” as far as I can see. Please help. 

I have a suggestion as well- from this page it would be amazing to just be able to hold my finger down on the preset buttons to actively drag them in this view, just like apps on the iPhone. I’ve tried holding my finger down on them, but nothing happens, and I can’t find this info anywhere- only iPad instructions, which seem to be much clearer. 

gkellum
      Participant

You're right.  The "Edit List" screen exists only on the iPad and the desktop versions of H9 Control.  That screen allows you to drag and drop presets onto a list to create a list and drag and drop presets within a list to reorganize it.  We didn't implement that on the iPhone because there wasn't enough space to show available presets and the preset list.

The copy, paste, swap, insert and remove functions in the more menu though are how we were able to squeeze those same functions into the smaller screen size.  Their behavior is described in the H9 Control manual: 

http://ftp.eventide.com/ljdl/www/H9ControlUG/H9ControlManual_PresetLists.html#moving_presets

gkellum wrote:

You’re right.  The “Edit List” screen exists only on the iPad and the desktop versions of H9 Control.  That screen allows you to drag and drop presets onto a list to create a list and drag and drop presets within a list to reorganize it.  We didn’t implement that on the iPhone because there wasn’t enough space to show available presets and the preset list.

The copy, paste, swap, insert and remove functions in the more menu though are how we were able to squeeze those same functions into the smaller screen size.  Their behavior is described in the H9 Control manual: 

http://ftp.eventide.com/ljdl/www/H9ControlUG/H9ControlManual_PresetLists.html#moving_presets

Cool. Ok, got it working now. Thank you for the reply. I still think it would be an improvement in intuitive function and faster work flow if we could hold a finger on any of the buttons for 2 seconds, activating it to move around, just as app icons can move around on the display. That would make the need for an “Edit List” button unnecessary for the iphone and it would faster/easier/intuitive imo. Just a suggestion… or maybe more of a wish 😉     Thanks!

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.