Parallel FX Set Up: kill dry = yes but dry signal present

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Parallel FX Set Up: kill dry = yes but dry signal present

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      oggietel

Hi

I’m trying to set up a parallel FX loop and want to completely kill the dry signal through my stompbox.

Currently, I also get a dry signal with the FX and the dry signal is still there when muting. I’m really sure that I’ve done everything I’m supposed to do from reading the manuals and the forums, but I get the same result whether using the TIMEFACTOR or the SPACE, so my conclusion is that I’m doing something wrong that I’m unaware of. Can you help?

My set up is as follows on both the TIMEFACTOR & SPACE:

Killdry Audio YES

Global Mix YES

Bypass mode: Relay — I’ve tried DSP and DSP+FX and get the same result, although Relay gives me a louder signal (if that’s diagnostic)

Bypass enabled YES

Routing NORMAL

Many Thanks

Dave

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry – not sure what you mean by:

Killdry Audio

Bypass enabled

There are no parameters with these exact names, so there may be some confusion in the air.

oggietel

Ah. Sorry.

in the [BYPASS] menu I have set then encoder to read [KILLDRY] and selected [YES]

I was just reading it from the H9 App menu.

oggietel

In the H9 App when I select the pedal from settings there is an option to select YES/NO to enable the bypass settings to reflect the method selected under Bypass Mode.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

To remove these uncertainties, please set KILLDRY to ON using the H9 controls as described in the UM. Keep it disconnected from the App at this time.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      oggietel wrote:

I'm trying to set up a parallel FX loop and want to completely kill the dry signal through my stompbox.

I believe you should use a Serial FX loop if you want to completely kill the dry signal.

oggietel
        bohan wrote:

oggietel wrote:

I’m trying to set up a parallel FX loop and want to completely kill the dry signal through my stompbox.

I believe you should use a Serial FX loop if you want to completely kill the dry signal.

Hi & Thanks Bohan

Ah? Am I missing something? Is there a Serial FX loop setting on the Eventide guitar pedals?

Otherwise I’m slightly confused.

I have my clean signal and I want to blend that with my FX pedals using an Xotic stereo blender. Consequently, I want only 100% wet from the FX (0% dry) so as to avoid phasing issues and increased volume (which happens if 2 of the same clean signals are combined in phase, which I currently have). Surely that’s a parallel FX set up???  

bohan
        Eventide Staff
        oggietel wrote:

I have my clean signal and I want to blend that with my FX pedals using a Xotic stereo blender. Consequently, I want only 100% wet from the FX (0% dry) so as to avoid phasing issues and increased volume (which happens if 2 of the same clean signals are combined in phase, which I currently have). Surely that's a parallel FX set up???  

OK. I thought you were trying to use it with an amp. Yeah, that's a parallel setup.

Here is the thing:

Killdry will only kill the dry signal in the DSP processor. So if your Bypass Mode is set to Relay, you will hear the dry signal when your pedal is bypassed because the input is connected to the output directly. If you set the Bypass Mode to DSP or DSP + FX, you won't hear the dry signal when your pedal is bypassed (aka. bypass enabled).

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.