Paste blank/empty slot into H9 preset location?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Paste blank/empty slot into H9 preset location?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      natchez1976
      Participant

Is there any way to paste an empty/blank slot into an H9 preset location? I’m using H9 Control and trying to organize my presets in a way that’s convenient for me–using certain number ranges (say, for example, slots 70-90) for one gig’s settings, while using another range (like, say, 40-60) for another gig. Just to keep things well-organized and simpler/quicker to browser throught, it would be great to have blank slots where I’m not using presets; in the example above, say, if I’m not currently using presets 58-69, it would be nice to have empty presets (rather than existing but unused presets) there so that I can browse more quickly but also potentially add presets in that range down the road. Is there any way to do this?

Reading the above back, I realize this might be confusing. Another way of asking what I want to do: if there is a preset currently in a slot on the H9, is there a way to remove that present, erasing it without replacing it with another preset?

Thanks.

brock
      Participant

I don’t believe there is any way to do exactly what you’re asking here.  I use placeholders – I have starting templates for most of the algorithms; saved & labeled as such.  Just presets adjusted to all ‘neutral’ settings, as a starting point.  You could copy & paste a row of these, as filler.  You can also save any preset in BYPASS.

camn
      Participant

I also use a dummy preset.. called “EMPTY”.

It is pretty easy to do, and is functionally identical to having an empty slot

camn
      Participant

Nothing truly transparent. But I do set the pedal to only show presets 1-X, with X being how many real presets I have.

I only see the ‘Empty’ slot in H9 control. On the pedal it just flips back to slot 1 after 39 or 44 or however many I have active.

It is an extra move, though.

h9controller
      Eventide Staff
      brock wrote:

I don't believe there is any way to do exactly what you're asking here.  I use placeholders – I have starting templates for most of the algorithms; saved & labeled as such.  Just presets adjusted to all 'neutral' settings, as a starting point.  You could copy & paste a row of these, as filler.  You can also save any preset in BYPASS.

Great suggestions, brock.

I'll only add that you can insert blank spaces in a preset list using H9 Control.  Use the "More->Insert Preset" feature while at the preset location you want to move to a higher number.

However, this won't create a blank space on your H9 when you send over the list.  It will just leave what was already there.

natchez1976
      Participant
      h9controller wrote:

brock wrote:

I don’t believe there is any way to do exactly what you’re asking here.  I use placeholders – I have starting templates for most of the algorithms; saved & labeled as such.  Just presets adjusted to all ‘neutral’ settings, as a starting point.  You could copy & paste a row of these, as filler.  You can also save any preset in BYPASS.

Great suggestions, brock.

I’ll only add that you can insert blank spaces in a preset list using H9 Control.  Use the “More->Insert Preset” feature while at the preset location you want to move to a higher number.

However, this won’t create a blank space on your H9 when you send over the list.  It will just leave what was already there.

Thanks for tips, but if there are any Eventide people reading this, the current system is a little maddening. Especially with so many available preset slots (a feature which, of course, is great!) the ability to cleanly delete presets, paste in blank slots, and other similar features feel like fundamental (and simple to implement) features to keep one’s H9 organized. I’m not a coder, but given that the pedal can already operate with blank slots in its preset memory, would it be that difficult to implement such a feature, the simple ability to add blank slots in place of an existing preset? Please consider this, thanks.

natchez1976
      Participant
      camn wrote:

I also use a dummy preset.. called “EMPTY”.

It is pretty easy to do, and is functionally identical to having an empty slot

When you do this, camn, you still have to scroll past the “Empty” presets when using the pedal, yes? It’s so much better when the slots are truly empty, so that they don’t have to be scrolled past, the pedal simply skips over them. You don’t have a way to do this, do you?

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.