Patterned Tremolo Idea for Update

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Patterned Tremolo Idea for Update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      miggator

I know modfactor has some patterns for tremolo (triplets, 8ths, 16ths etc) but I think it would be cool if we could have more complex patterns such as an 8th barred to 2 16ths (ti-tipi), or 2 16ths barred to an 8th (tipi-ti) etc..  Such patterns could be used with a square wave to obtain techno or slicer type sounds.  Any chance for that in an update?

brock
      Participant

This is more of a question than a potential solution.  I'm an interested bystander and prospective ModFactor buyer.

Is it not possible to use the secondary modulation controls (S-Mod; D-Mod; Mod Rate; Mod Source) to create at least rudimentary slicer-style 'patterns'?  The ModFactor documentation is excellent, but it's difficult to determine how distinct the sonic results of this might be.

In my mind's eye, I'm picturing the primary and secondary Rates as tempo-sync'ed divisions of each other, high Depths, and the Source determining the overall shape or envelope of the 'pattern'.

For what it's worth, the Pitchfactor does have pre-programmed amplitude patterns as part of its Harpeggiator mode.  And I've had success using CC sequences over MIDI to create AdrenaLinn-type patterns in its other algorithms.  In a live situation, the downside would be that you'll need access to a MIDI sequencer in hardware / software form to replicate those 'presets'.    That may or may not be an option open to you.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.