Pedal Board for Eventide Stopboxes

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pedal Board for Eventide Stopboxes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • Author
      MFenkner
      Participant

I own all three Eventide stopboxes along with a few other pedals and I'll like to mount them all on a pedal board.  I'm wondering what other people have done.

Can anyone offer some recommendations on a good pedal board to use and how them mounted their Eventides?

Thanks,

Mark

axeman

Mark….

With the exception of one pedal in my mix, I always secure pedals with velcro.   There are varying degrees of quality in velcro as well.   I've used, for years, an "industrial strength" (draw your own conclusion here! 🙂 )  from Lowes.   Some of the board manufactures or supply sites for boards on the web also offer decent velcro.

I did remove the rubber surface from the bottom of my Timefactor and Modfactor to allow the velcro to adhere to pedal itself.   That's it….

As far as pedalboards….. do some research on the web.  You have a number of options, but make the key choice on how you plan to use the board.   You can purchase boards in flight cases with heavy plywood frames, in varying sizes, but these will be heavy once you fill the board up and can take quite a beating if you're gigging a lot.   My large board weighs about 80 pounds.

Not quite at that extreme are boards from Pedaltrain.   These are aluminum frames, that come in various sizes, and you can purchase them with a gig bag or a lighter weight flight case.   Both durable, just depending on how you plan to travel with the case or rough you are on your gear.  A nice benefit to the Pedaltrain boards is they ship with brackets that allow you to mount a Voodoo Labs Pedal Power under the board.   Provides power to your pedals without taking up real estate on your board.   Many boards have similar options….  the Pedaltrain board is just configured, ready-to-go.

A couple things I would recommend, that aren't inexpensive options, but sure make for a clean working install…. consider a power supply, like the Voodoo Labs Power Pedal.   Also look into George L's solderless connectors.  You can purchase the wire and ends seperately… http://www.stompin-ground.com is a good resource I've used for these.    You can custom build your cables to accommodate the configuration of your board…. and you can fix cable issues on the fly in minutes.   They are a breeze, reliable, and take up minimal real-estate on your board between pedals.   There is some debate on using a Voodoo Lab's power suppy for your Eventide's.    Having three, if you plan to mount all of them, isn't going to work with a power brick either.  Typically these bricks, like the Voodoo, only have support for two pedals with high power requirements.   I avoided this issue and mounted the Eventide power bricks to the underside of my pedal board.    Zip tie's are your friend for this.  Eventide will only warrant the pedal by use of the power supply shipped with the pedal.   Not worth the risk for me personally, with $400 pedals.

Lastly….  while you're at Lowes or Home Depot getting velcro….  pick up some narrow zip ties and the plastic stick-on retainers that you can use with the zip tie straps.   You can bundle up your cables on the board and anything that sits below the board, power cables possibly, you can secure to the underside of the board.  

Taking these steps will help ensure your board works flawlessly, everytime to you need it.   It works…. I've played a lot of gigs with my boards and rarely have had an issue.

Wish you well putting yours together.

– Keith

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

I used Velcro for mounting mine

King David

I have not seen anyone add so much to their POD.  I thought I was the only one and I am a bass player!  I am building a similar board/case for my stuff.  I do not have a Pitchfactor yet, but I am building my new board with enough room for the PF, 3 button pedal, and an expression pedal.  The POD will sit on top of the power supplies.

Negher

badmelonfarmer:

I used Velcro for mounting mine

Hi. I'm trying to build a pedalboard to accomodate all the pedals I'm buying.

Are you using supplied power suppliers for all the three stompboxes ? Or you're using another type of power supply ?

Thanks in advance for your answer.

King David

Hey badmelonfarmer, have you tried any midi interaction between the POD and the Eventide pedals?

mikefont69
      Participant

I have a powered pedalboard, the Furman SPB-8C, and I LOVE IT!  It has a built in power supply, AND it has a case that encloses it with 2 casters and a handle for transporting (like a suitcase).

You can check it out here…<a>http://www.furmansound.com/product.php?id=SPB-8C</a&gt;

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Hi,

No I am not using the supplied power supplies, I use some ones that I found that are flatter laptop style that sit under the shelf that the POD sits on.

this is what i use….

http://www.johnnyshredfreak.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=8&products_id=12&zenid=d5318e4f2c65150a607ce41422e8ed69

i use 1 per Eventide, with a OneSpot L6 Adapter… reverses the polarity and gives you the correct barrel size tip.

Cheers

BMF

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Hi,

No, I do not use any MIDI interaction yet. I was planning to look into it but the way I use the pedals seemed it would be a lot of messing around for little gain. (for my situation at least)

Cheers

BMF

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

LOL, yes it is a lot!

I use the POD for mainly AMP modelling and volume pedal, although I do sometimes use the delay on the Pod, if I want a crazy sound and am already using the TimeFactor.

The Pod sits on a shelf that has the power supplies underneath it, I was using the normal PSU's behind the POD, but it was too much of a PITA, wasted too much space and I needed more room.

Whilst I was putting the power supplies in, I added an extra one ready for / if Eventide release a VerbFactor.

Cheers

BMF

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Looks a neat solution, but looking at the specs the power does not look like it supplies enough current for 1 Factor box, is that correct? or are you still using the wall warts?

Cheers

BMF

DrOrange

the modfactor at least runs 1200 mA according to the back of the unit… which comes from AC power i believe… so the only pedal board i know of with AC power supply built in is the Furman 8-C

i ordered one and it hasnt come in yet but yeah i think most supplies only have about 200 mA on tap per pedal so i think most wont work with the factor pedals

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Please be careful with non-Eventide supplies. The Modfactor expects 9V DC, not AC.

DrOrange

yeah sorry… i just meant the pedalboard has plugs.. like a standard power bar or wall outlet… Im planning to still use the original wall wart… not to use another power supply

ceedee1954

Burkey and some others (Analogman,I believe) have tested the TF for current draw and it seems to max out around 600MA. If you`re not persuaded there, I`m using a One Spot for each of my two Factors.They supply 1700MA each. You have to use the Line 6 adapter though. That reverses the polarity (to +) and increases the barrel size (to 2.5mm).

kevviemetal
      Participant

Another vote for the Furman SPB-8C. I love this thing. But I'm running out of room…

DrOrange

I vote the Furman SPB-8C but youll have to use the wall warts in the plugs

tomasgunn
      Participant

I recently switched to the furman as well.  I really like it and I'm using the adapters that come with the Eventide stomp boxes (well, for 2 out of 3 pedals).  However, there's a problem with those adapters that I didn't anticipate.  Even though the spacing between the AC inputs on the pedal board is generous and designed with wall warts in mind.  It is still not generous enough for the Eventide adapters.  You cannot have two side by side (or in my case, three).

It would be real nice to have a single supply with for all three pedals with little footprint and isolated outs for each pedal.  Ideally one that does not take away actual pedalboard space.  I don't mind the fact that it's a wall wart.

King David

Here is a little tip that may help some of you.  I was trying to make my power strip and wall warts as short as possible.  I wanted them all to fit under about 2.5" space.  That was hard to do.  I found some extension cords that had the low profile (go to the side rather than straight out.  I cut them to be much shorter (6" or so) and then replaced the outlet end with one from the hardware store.  That allowed me to make a little pig tail, so i could place multiple wall warts on the power strip and not have the wall warts sitting ontop of the power strip.

schaefermusic
      Participant

I have been looking at the Furman pedal boards.  Do the Eventide pedals need use the DC adapter or do the connectors that come with the Furman work with the pedals.

Thanks

Jeff

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.