Pedal Order in a chain – with a spin…your thoughts?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pedal Order in a chain – with a spin…your thoughts?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      mpovoden

Hello,

So – considering the fact I have some great stomps in addition to all 3 Factors, I am wondering – what you, in a perfect would, order these effects in a chain w/ FX loop.

3 x Eventides – Time, Pitch, Mod

1 x EHX Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker

1 x EHX Cathedral Stereo Reverb

1 x EHX Soul Preacher Compressor

1 x Fulltone Clyde Deluxe

1 x Fulltone OCD

1 x CAE/Dunlop Linedriver-Boost

My original thought was to chain all of these in serial…  In the following order GTR > CAE BOOST > SOUL PREACHER > WAH > OCD > BIG MUFF > P-FACTOR > M-FACTOR > T-FACTOR > CATHEDRAL REVERB

But I'm toying with a parallel loop send/return now and want to know people's experience – are all three 'tides best in the loop?  Or just the t-factor and the m-factor.  With this in mind, the new loop signal gets a bit different, such as GTR > CAE BOOST > OCD > BIG MUFF > PITCH FACTOR > WAH > COMPRESSOR > loop-send > M-FACTOR > T-FACTOR > loop-return > CATHEDRAL REVERB > AMP

Your thoughts are tremendously important – thank you…  If this doesn't make sense, than simply take the above mentioned pedals and with or without a loop send/return, arrnage them to what you think would be the most effective.  I know sustain/compression is not good prior to the P-FACTOR, but I know it's wonderful before distortion/OD.  I'm also more into OD/Dist before the wah so that the wah can work the sweep with the clipped signal, instead of the sweep getting clipped.  The boost is there to ramp up the signal going in – it's pure boost – no OD or the like.  Should the loop be all 3 Tides or is the P-Factor in line with the others better, and leave the MOD and TIME in the loop??

THANK YOU

Mo

achaput

First I would like to say damn, that is a quite the rig you have there. There are a lot of possibilities and there is really no 'wrong' way to hook things up, it just depends on what sounds you are going for. The best thing to do would be experiment and see which combinations really get you inspired.

For me, I might start with this setup:

GTR > SOUL PREACHER > OCD > BIG MUFF >  PF > WAH > MF > CAE BOOST> AMP

In Amp's FX Loop:

TF > CATHEDRAL both set to 100% wet

Let me know how it goes!

-Alan

mpovoden

Thanks Braddah!!  Helpful fo'sure…

After experimenting, I found the dirt after the WAH was a bit more controlled and usable, but it lacked the full sweep.  In order to make sure I have both options, I've picked up a CAE/MXR MC-402 Boost/OD much like the single CAE boost mentioned above but with some sweet, neutral and wicked toned overdrive.  I'll place them as follows:
      GTR > SOUL PRCH > MXR BOOST/OD > WAH > OCD > MUFF…

I'll have to experiment with the PF in front of the WAH, this NEVER was considered…  I assumed it would screw everything up.  I'll try it today and see how she sounds.  Due to the limitations of the mono versus stereo design in my rig, I've opted to keep the Cathedral mono, and have all the Factors stereo.  Sacrifice but it needed to happen. 

Thanks Alan

Mo

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.