Pedal Power Digital Supply.

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pedal Power Digital Supply.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      fahrner

In the Voodoo Lab manual, it is recommended to run Eventide pedals at 12 Volts using the 400 mA outputs. It goes so far to say that this does not match the supplied Eventide adapter but does power the pedals correctly.

Is this true? Why would bit be OK to run these 9 V pedals at 12 Volts?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You should probably ask Mr Voodoo. My guess is that he considers the 12V output to be within the acceptable range of a 9V pedal – if it was stable it would be OK.

fahrner

Thank you for the quick reply. Was just looking at the Eventide PF2 and it looks that it powers the Eventide pedals at 12 Volts as well. Is there something lacking in the Pedal Power Digital or some magic in the PF2 that makes it different? Thanks for your help. It's important for me to get this right.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Obviously we can only advise on the use of Eventide products. Questions about other products should go to their manufacturers.

That said, the pedal's current requirements reduce at higher voltages, but if the voltage gets beyond a certain point, even for a fraction of a second, it may cause damage. So, a stable well regulated 12V at 400mA may be effectively the same as 9V at 500mA. Note that a poorly regulated 9V may exceed 12V, which is OK, while a poorly regulated 12V may exceed 16V, which would probably cause damage. You can see why we don't want people to experiment with these things.

gigi
      Participant

hi there 🙂

without opening a new thread, I wonder if I can use PowerFactor with H9, since H9 requires 500mA, while PF has max 400 on each spot :/

thank you 🙂

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Yes you can.

the PowerFactor actually uses 12v to power the Factor pedal and H9's

gigi
      Participant

badmelonfarmer:

Yes you can.

the PowerFactor actually uses 12v to power the Factor pedal and H9's

so, since I'm not into those kind of things, I can use 9v and 500mA or 12v and 400mA?

is that right? 

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Yes, the supplied Wall Wart is 9v 500 mA and the connections on the PowerFactor at 12v 400mA

off the top of my head

gigi
      Participant

so, those solutions are pretty equivalent, right?
      of course I'm talking about well regulated power supplies 🙂

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.