Pedal power vs power factor

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pedal power vs power factor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      sjoplin

Anyone using the voodoo labs pedal power AC which claims to power 4 factor pedals? Wondering how it compares to the Power Factor which does 3 factors but also has other 9VDC options.

Curious if anyone is using the voodoo labs unit and has all 4 factor pedals.
      Thanks
      Sean

DavidYates

I just built my own 8-output, fully isolated, regulated custom supply for my pedal board. Has 'Factor power, Moog power, AC voltages for other pedals…

It was a lot of work and in retrospect, not worth all the trouble compared to buying a couple supplies to fit my needs.

Lots of choices out there, some much better than others, just no "one-size fits all" solution.

David

sjoplin

Dave, thanks for the feedback. I thought about building one as well and you have confirmed that it's probably not worth the hassle. The factors have several solutions available, what I am struggling with is the voodoolab GCX audio switcher and GCX mixer. They are both 9VAC but have a weird 4 connector power supply cable coming off of a wall wart transformer. I'll drop their support team an email and see if they have any in house solutions for those pieces. The wall warts just don't integrate into a rack system well at all.
      Thanks
      Sean

sjoplin

Typo on my end as well, should have said the power pedal digital and not AC.
      Thanks
      Sean

DavidYates

Just make sure the isolation is really good. I was not too impressed with the solutions I saw back when I was working on it. I think things have improved since then.

I didn't want to have a board full of expensive efx that hummed…

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.