Pedal Switcher – Eventide

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pedal Switcher – Eventide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      bmar137

I currently own the Timefactor and modfactor. I am trying to find a pedal switcher that would work with both of those along with my other mono pedals.  I want to keep the Eventide pedals in stereo. I know voodoo labs and Carl Martin (Octa-switch) make one but I don't think they are in stereo.

Thanks for your help!

timothyhill

Couldn't you just use two loops for each stereo pedal? That would take up 4 loops just for your TF and MF, but with 8 loops total, that would also give you 4 mono loops. You'd have to put the mono pedals first, and probably have to split the signal after the mono loops in order to feed both inputs of the stero/dual-mono loops, but it should work. I'm not sure about the Carl Martin, but the VL CGX is programmable, so turning 2 loops on or off at once shouldn't be a problem.

Just a thought… I'm not using a pedal switcher in my rig at the moment. The buffers in the Eventide boxes don't seem to degrade my signal enough to warrant one (and I can use Spill, too), but I understand why some people want or need to. Hopefully, someone who has a similar rig will offer their experience…

bmar137

Thanks for the reply Tim.  I don't think you would be able to activate two loops at the same time….or would you?  For example, if I have loop 1 on, that would only give me the left channel.  Would I be able to activate loops 1 and 2 simultaneously in order to get both the left and right channels active on the TF and MF? 

timothyhill

From looking at the CGX info on Voodoo Labs site, it sounds to me like you can activate any number/combination of loops at any time. They even have a diagram of how to hook up stereo loops at the same time as mono loops (and 12 other setups).

I haven't looked at any of the other options (Carl Martin, etc.) and I'm not implying any endorsement of a specific product, but it does look like the CGX will do what you want and I imagine that there are other options, too.

timothyhill

And you're welcome, too! I just hope it helps…

bmar137

Looks like this may work……Thanks I appreciate the advice! 

http://www.voodoolab.com/gcxdiagrams/04-Multiple_Preamps_Stereo_Loops_Stereo_PowerAmp.pdf

guitarlesson

Before you make a final decision, check out Cusack Effects. They build a switcher called the Pedal Board Tamer, or PBT for short. There is a 6 and 9-loop model, and the last 3 loops are stereo, but ALL loops can be upgraded to stereo. No need to waste two loops one one pedal.

Awesome bonus: A dedicated tap tempo button that has three tap tempo outputs. Tap all your pedals at once from one button.

Oh, and if you decide on it, tell them Travis told you about it on the eventide forums. I happen to work there, so I might build it for ya 😉

timothyhill

That sounds like a good option, too! And there are probably others. Everything I've seen from Cusack is really solid.

guitarlesson

Tell me about it! If it's not good an it has my inspection sticker…

But I like the place. Every day it's like I'm a kid working in a candy store.

timothyhill

Yeah… I think I would, too!

bmar137

Travis, this looks like a great option.  Thanks I think I may go this route.  I appreciate the advice.  

thom
      Participant

The Musicomlab EFX switcher has Midi functionality so you could use the loops on that that for your mono pedals, and switch the 'Factors with Midi, and then you don't need to put them in the loops at all. Admitidly I haven't thought through how you would wire it all but definately worth thinking about. Midi makes the factor pedals so much nicer to use. The Musicomlab can also switch your amps channels as well, so you can send progam changes to the factors, switch pedals in/out and change the amps channel all with one press of a footswitch.

The Musicomlab is a very nice unit,  very compact and the Midi is really easy to use.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.