Petition for Naming Patches

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Petition for Naming Patches

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 reply threads
  • Author
      setondaunt

Hello everyone, There seems to be a lot of requests for the Eventide pedals to be able to name patches. A fellow user on this forum has suggested that if enough people request this, then the good people of Eventide may be able to grant our wish.

I suggest that whoever wants to see this happen reply to this message with:

"I AGREE"

I think this is maybe the last stage in making the Timefactor the ultimate delay for us all!

All the best

Great idea!

+1

quintessence

I don't see what point a petition would address, to be honest.

Many people have been commenting, for quite some time, in the forums that this would be a much appreciated feature.

AND..

It's already been expressed by them several times that they're working on it and will deliver when they're able to implement it in the best possible way.

So, given the fact that they're obviously aware their users would like this added… and the fact that it's apparently in the works…… IMHO all a petition says is "you're not working fast enough". Which seems a bit unfair, doesn't it?

jesswilliams

I AGREE!!

jesswilliams

I AGREE!

jesswilliams

I AGREE 110%

damienl64

I THANK EVENTIDE FOR THEIR GREAT AND RELIABLE PRODUCT AND ALL THE WORK THEY HAVE DONE SO FAR. 

megemege

I agree.

bikegerm

Thanks Eventide for the Pitchfactor. As great sounding as this pedal is, the basic feature of being able to name patches is something all effect units have. Please add this to the Pitchfactor. It would make all of it's users extremely happy.

Randy LeRoy

http://www.finalstage.com

Reckedtrek

"we could work around the clock…"

"I AM working around the clock!!"

Guys- they're working on it. I agree that it'll be cool to have if it can be done, but  implementing things like that probably take a bit of time.  Sure- they could probably have t out in a month- as long as you don't mind numerous SW bugs and a likely loss of features on your factor pedal(s)..

I'll wait until they get it where they're comfortable relleasing it.

Eventide- thanks for your work and effort- for better or worse you've created Factor addicts, however!! Big Smile

pdmasters

I agree… Awesome boxes!!! …  but as an addict I'm always wanting more   …still waiting for the "MotherFactor" !

archaos

+ 1 !

botiench

"I AGREE"

marwatt
      Participant

I AGREE

flyingv2010

I agree

greiswig
      Participant

I agree

I'm a usability engineer by profession, and the lack of this feature is probably the biggest single obstacle I've found in the Timefactor thusfar.  Having quick access to only two presets at a time without changing banks is another, but not having names for patches is a major problem for using this live.

I understand that this is not a trivial thing to ask: when designing it, the developers would have to design the process for naming it (although the encoder is available to scroll through characters), and it would take a few bits of extra memory for each preset. As one other user suggested, at least having some very basic info (effect type, tempo, etc.) available as part of an uneditable preset name would help, but by the time you've done that, you might as well have given the user control over what to display…which could be just those parameters instead of a goofy name.

I have spoken to at least one other person that went with a TCElectronic product for this reason alone.  Note that the Nova Delay doesn't allow you to name presets either, though.

Jakob

I AGREE!

Just wanted to reply: the Nova Delay has just a numeric display with far less width than the Factors.

I'm really impressed with the quality of the Factor pedals! Keep up the good work!

tommygunn

I fully agree

hywelg

Agree and soon please.

klangfarben9

I AGREE!   Smile

klangfarben9

I AGREE!!

paulmarti

I AGREE

john beddoe

totally agree

john beddoe

in total agreement!

Schilling
      Participant

I Agree!!!

pkusy

I agree.  TF is a great pedal, but this addition would make it even better.

Viewing 25 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.