PF as Midi Master to Slave Line6 M5 Question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes PF as Midi Master to Slave Line6 M5 Question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Gozerhead

Thanks to great info from the forum here, I was able to connect my PF and M5 via a midi cable (I am new to midi).

Is there a way now, to use this setup so that when I turn off the PF preset, the M5 turns on?

Currently, when I select a PF preset I can have it so the M5 is either on or off independent of the PF preset being on or off.  What I want to do is this:

Have the M5 on as a tape echo (preset one of the M5 and PF).  Turn on PF 1:1 (Classic Crystals) and have the M5 turn off.  Then, when I turn off PF 1:1, the M5 comes back on. Right now, I have to manually manipulate the M5 to turn it off and then back on.

Thanks!!!

Imerkat
      Participant

The only way I can see is if you get a Aux. Switch and enable MIDI Transmit CC message. M5 needs to see  CC#11 to turn off/on the effect.

Gozerhead

Any chance you can walk me through how to do that?  Sorry, this is all foreign to me. Embarrassed

Doing this would let me control the M5 on/off via the Aux the, right?  It would be like moving the button over?

Imerkat
      Participant

Unfortunately I don't have an Aux Switch to tested myself. You’re going to need the manual for this:

Set up Program Transmit on Preset to Send PC 00 (M5: Preset 1), Page 50 of the manual.

Hold Encoder Go to: midi -> go to XMT MAP (press) got to -> 1:1 = 00

Connect your Aux. Switch , Default is Tip- Bypass. (once you connect on of the 3 switches should bypass the effect)

Set up XMT CC (bottom page 48) to transmit CC#11 to transmit on Tip

Hold Encoder Go to: midi -> go to XMT CC (press) got to -> [TIP>C11]

Now Save the PF on Bypass position.

When you hit the Aux. Switch it will flip/flop tape delay and Crystals

I don’t know if that works but another way would be to duplicate both presets; 1:2 PF and Preset 2 on M5. If you enable transmit PC save one preset with the PF on and M5 off then the other preset vice versa.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.