PF Not Changing Keys W/Aux Footswitch

Home Forums Products Stompboxes PF Not Changing Keys W/Aux Footswitch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      dgoad

When banking up or down with Digitech FS300 Aux FS, the PF display changes banks instantly, BUT, it doesnt change keys. For instance, if i bank up from key C to D, or from bank 34 to 35,thats where i put my diatonic, the PF display will change accordingly, but the actual key wont change unless i toggle, on the PF, back and forth between button 1 and 2. Pressing the bypass on the Aux switch doesnt change keys, it does change thePF display as it should, but going back and forth on the PF bypass switch 1 and 2 will change keys.
      This makes live playing usless, i am using the right cables, etc, the aux switch works great, its the only way you can bank down, but the keys wont change even though the PF display does!!
      Am i missing something, i havent seen this posted yet???

achaput

Hello,

Yes, there is something that you are missing. What you described is the correct way that PitchFactor works, but you must understand that Bank Up does not actually change sounds. It just cues the next Bank of Presets so that you can use the Left or Middle footswitch (in Bank Mode) to select a new Preset. 

Here are the two modes and what the onboard footswitches do. Remember that you can switch modes by pressing and holding the Right Footswitch for a few seconds.

PLAY MODE:
      FS1: Active/Bypass  
      FS2: Flex/Learn  
      FS3: Tap

BANK MODE
      FS1: Select Bank's First Preset/Bypass 
      FS2: Select Bank's Second Preset/Bypass    
      FS3: Bank Up

You can assign an aux switch to do a variety of things. It sounds like something that would work for you is this:

Leave PitchFactor in Bank Mode. Assign the Aux Switch so you have:

Aux1 (Tip): Bank Down
      Aux2 (Ring): Flex/Learn
      Aux3 (T+R): Tap

Now you can cue up banks in either direction and press PitchFactor's Left of Middle Footswitch to select a new preset.

-Alan

dgoad

achaput:

Leave PitchFactor in Bank Mode. Assign the Aux Switch so you have:

Aux1 (Tip): Bank Down
      Aux2 (Ring): Flex/Learn
      Aux3 (T+R): Tap

Now you can cue up banks in either direction and press PitchFactor's Left of Middle Footswitch to select a new preset.

Thanks for the reply Alan, seems i rushed through my setup, again!! I will give your suggestion a go.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.