phaser and flanger mix

Home Forums Products Plug-Ins phaser and flanger mix

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      donratto
      Participant

Hi

Put an instance of phaser on master bus to get the ichycoo park sound, but no mix control. Even with depth turned right down it’s giving my mix a very woozy quality, which is kinda nice but not what I’m after for this track. Any suggestions? I tried automating power on / off to just before and after the section when the depth control is automated but it had no effect.

Cheers, Richard

qscacheri

Hi Richard,

In regards to your question about depth, the depth knob will produce only the phase shifted signal when the knob is at 0%; this is why you hear the woozy effect. As the depth goes higher, the amount of dry signal is increased with 50/50 wet/dry at 100% depth. This is because of the way that the phaser/flanger sound is created. In order to have a completely dry signal, you are correct in automating the power on/off. I have been unable to reproduce any problems with this on my end; can you confirm you are using the latest version of the plug-in, as well as let me know what operating system and DAW you are using?

-Quin

donratto
      Participant

Hi

Many thanks! I’m using Logic. As far as I know everything is up to date, though it can still be a little buggy at times. I appreciate the explanation as now everything makes sense! 🙂 I will try again, or see if I can’t figure out a work-around.

Cheers, Richard

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.