Pitch Arepggiator Help

Home Forums Products Vsig and Preset Development Pitch Arepggiator Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Dario

Hello, I'm trying to do a Pitch Arpeggiator with my Vsig ( v 2.0 ) , I need to have an effect like the " HarPeggiator" effect found on the PitchFactor stompbox.

Well, I've been able to create a sequence of 16 notes, as I programmed on the Sequencer module connected to a Ptich shift module and driven from my guitar input,

but the problem is that after 1 time ( or a whole sequence cycle) the sounds dies out, it decays slowly, but I need that sound must not decay, it should stay sustained forever.

I've attached a Vsig file of my patch created, where am I wrong?

Let me know what can I do,

thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Don't see anything to make it sustain – if you stop playing it will die away. If you want it to continue after you stop playing you should add some feedback to the shifter, by adding another mixer before the shifter to mix some of the output with the input.

Note that using the diatonic shifter means you must play in the right key,  in your example C Major.

Dario

Ok, first : I'm not able to see the feedback parameter inside the Diatonic shifter,where is it?

would you suggest me another type of shifter for my purpose?

It's not so much clear for me the matter of adding another mixer before the shifter module, could you update the vsig file that I've attached before, with your suggested modifications?

Let me know

thank you very much again

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There is no feedback parameter – you need to put a mixer before the shifter, with an input connected to the shifter's output – controlling the amount of output that is mixed in with the input will control the amount of feedback.

But, I may be misleading you here – this will give a kind of "crystals" sound, while you may want just a sustained loop. If the second is the case, you could use a DELAY module, again with a mixer to give the feedback. Or, start with a simple looper preset and add the shifter.

Dario

In my case, I want just a sustained loop, of course, I don't want the "crystals" sound,

my doubt is :  any kind of DELAY and PITCH SHIFT module works fine for my specific purpose?

also, what kind of MIXER module would you suggest me?

Last:  the mixer module have to stay before the Shifter and after the Sequencer module,right?

Let me know,

thanks

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

I would suggest that you start with a working looper preset and then add the pitch shifting.

If you want to do it yourself, any mixer module will do. You would put it just before a DELAY and use it to mix the input of the delay with its output, setting the delay time to be the length of the loop. See preset 326_Quad Delays as an example (it's 4 channels, but you'll get the idea).

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.