Pitch Factor glitches after software update

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitch Factor glitches after software update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Tdemarre

Hi

So I have updated my Eventide Pitch Factor to the new software H9 etc.. I couldn't quite work out how to dump my settings through midi so took a chance that they would be saved. Wrong decision. Everything but the midi map defaulted to factory settings. So I've spent the last 2 weeks reprogramming the unit. Only to find that when I'm reprogramming in Diatonic it infrequently freezes and returns deep bass like repetitive notes until I switch the unit off and back on. If this wasn't bad enough it has switched itself off twice now. 

Would you think this is down to the software update or a hardware issue? I'm using the 9volt Eventide power supply which came with the unit. However I've been told it runs more efficiently on a 12volt power supply which I can switch too if that is the solution.

Any thoughts would be appreciated 

Martin

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Sorry you are having trouble. It sounds like you should do a complete "Restore Factory Effects Presets and System Settings" as described in the UM.

If this fails and you are sure that there is nothing wierd (ground loops, feedback loop etc) in your audio connections, you should probably send it in (support@eventide.com). Don't mess with the power supply at this point.

Tdemarre

Ok thanks… Is there an easy way to back up my presets through USB to PC? I thought myself computer literate but the midi dump explanation in the manual has foxed me. Will I need a midi cable? 

Cheers

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

You can back up the presets to a PC over USB using the MIDI dump, but this requires a sequencer or similar software on the PC and knowing how to use it. No MIDI cable would be needed.

If you can handle the above,  the MIDI dump command on the PF will be a piece of cake.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.