Pitch Factor – Microtuning/Micropitch question

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitch Factor – Microtuning/Micropitch question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      radioghost

Hi there

I am looking at purchasing a Pitchfactor stompbox.  Looks like it has a lot of great sounds that I can't do with my other pitch shifters. (Pog, Boss RPS-10) I am particularly interested in mictotuning with it.

Looks like the Micropitch setting is the only one that allows tunings less than a semitone. (+/- 50 cents)  What increments does this setting allow? ie can it be adjusted in one cent increments up to 50 cents either way?

Is there another setting that allows this? I couldn't see one in the manual.

thanks in advance,

T.

caveman
      Participant

Yes 1 cent increments are there.  One voice goes from 0 to +50, the other from 0 to -50.  And they can be modulated, delayed, fed back, etc….

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi radioghost,

Thanks for checking out the Pitchfactor.  Yes it can be adusted in 1 cent increments up to 50 cents either way.  There are two shifters in that algorithm, one does the + direction and the other does the – direction, and you can use both at the same time.  In addtion, with Micropitch, you can modulate the shifting for a detuned sound with some movement. 

You can also get a micropitch type sound with the H910/H949 algorithm.  This algorithm s a model of Eventide's legacy rack gear that was originally used to create these classic detuned sounds.  The trick back then (70s and 80s) was just that you had to be able to afford two of them!  The H910/H949 algorithm in the Pitchfactor basically gives you two legacy Eventide boxes in one small (and affordable) space. 

radioghost

Thanks for the follow up guys.. It sounds perfect.

Have just ordered a Pitchfactor and am eagerly awaiting it's arrival.

I will try the H910/H949 option also.

maddiedaddy

Hi, got my pitch factor today and really only need it for one thing…a clean pitch down.  The micropitch is clean, but the limit of -50 cents doesn’t really get it down as much as I need.  The H949 and 910 are not clean at all.  Is there an algorithm that can be purched/uploaded that give is more than 50 cents pitch shift?

Thanks

brock
        Participant
        maddiedaddy wrote:
        Hi, got my pitch factor today and really only need it for one thing…a clean pitch down.  The micropitch is clean, but the limit of -50 cents doesn’t really get it down as much as I need.  The H949 and 910 are not clean at all.  Is there an algorithm that can be purched/uploaded that give is more than 50 cents pitch shift?

Thanks

In the MicroPitch algorithm, the Flex (Performance) Switch will double the current pitch shift settings in both Pitch A and Pitch B.  So, 0, 1, 2, 3, … 49, 50 cents on the PitchFactor jumps to 0, 2, 4, 6, … 98, 100 cents.  If a full semitone covers what you’re after, PITCH MIX to A0+B10, PITCH B to -50c, then lock in the Flex switch.

I like to use a latching Aux Switch, tied to the Performance Switch [Pedal  ->  Aux Switches in H9 Control].  But even a simple TS plug will work in a pinch.  Use an Aux Switch setting to TIP, and short the tip and sleeve together on the plug itself.  That’s if you want the doubled pitch shift from Flex to stay latched on.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.