Pitch Factor MIDI Clock Input Problem

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitch Factor MIDI Clock Input Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      research

I saw a post about the MIDI Clock output. This is a question concerning the  Clock input, but the problem is similar. I use a Boss RC50 Loop Station (Master) as an external clock for the PitchFactor (slave). I want to loop the Harpeggiator on time with the drum loop in the RC50. When I I set the BPM to 120 on the RC50, the PitchFactor jumps up and down between 118, 119, 120, 121, 122……….  The RC50 as an external clock works exactly in time with other devices. Is there a way to not have this jitter on the MIDI input clock of the PitchFactor?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Most likely the jitter is on the output of the RC50 and the PF is just doing its best to handle it.

You could experiment with the MIDI Clock Filter (CLK FLT) to see which of its states (ON,OFF) works best.

research

What inexpensive External Clock source would you recommend for no jitter?

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Can't really recommend other products. But, why do you need an external clock ?

You should confirm that the RC50  is actually the source of the problem before elbowing it. Try and find something else that takes a MIDIclock in and see how it works with it.

Did you try the CLK FLT ?

research

I need the Pitchfactor's tempo synced with my RC50s'  tempo so that the harpeggiator  will line up with the click track on my RC50. If the tempo jitters, then the arpeggiator sounds behind or ahead of the click track. I synced my RC50  with the MICROKORG synthesizer and it lines up perfectly on every downbeat and has no jitter . I also changed the MIDI cable to see if that was the problem. I have 3 RC50s and have never had a problem with any MIDI sync options. It might b possible that it is not compatible with Pitchfactor. I am going to sync the Pitchfactor with a master MIDI clock at the studio soon to see if that will work. The Filter  option is ok but not perfect.

Muzza

Heya Research I have the same problem, I have the Rc50 and yep it (the midi clk) works fine with everything except the pitch factor and the time factor, it is so dam annoying I have tried numerous work arounds and can't find a way to make the eventides stable, am hoping the folks at Eventide read this and solve it cos it is so dam frustrating, have thought about sending from a MPC, but an expensive fix and i don't think it will work, at the moment I've tried coming out of the rc50 into a midi splitter but alas $180 later still glitchey, please someone help fix the midi clock on the eventides so they are stable. also tried several drum machines but still get the tempo roaming, some times i just set it to global tempo and try and tap it in, but a sad fix for a great pedal[View:http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=4883736&id=654571129&ref=fbx_album:550:0%5D 

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Make sure you have the latest software.

Muzza

Have got the latest software, it just roams around tempo, like if say it's 85 bpm it will wonder to 83 to 87 and sound terrible. I have other things hooked up that work just fine, such as the Adrenalinn III and a moFx unit, the midi clock sits tight on those, I'm not running a midi chain as I split it from the source, it's only the eventide products that are glitching, if anyone from the company can have a look at it that would be great, even if i could set it then somehow it ingnore what ever is throwing it of, I'm thinking it might be a bpm calibration that mucks it up if there is such a thing.

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

It looks like the RC50 has a particularly jittery midiclock output – we'll have to get one in and test it and see what we can do.

research

As said numerous times….. The RC50 works GREAT  with other devices. The only solution thus far has been using play mode to save the BPM and then hitting the flex/learn to restart the measure. This, however; does not solve the midi issue, because there is still a chance for human error.

Muzza

Heya Nickrose

Just updated the Eventides Stomp Boxes, Pitch & Time Factors with the V3 update.

I love my pedals, thank you for the groovy sound making ability.

But they still glitching when midi clk try's sync with the rc 50, rc-50 is the master.

anyways will try to find a work around, and have more of a look on the morrow, seems so simple.

anyways cheerio for now

Murray 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.