Pitch Factor: Saving a new preset starting from an Effect?

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitch Factor: Saving a new preset starting from an Effect?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Bob_B

How does one create and save a new preset starting from an Effect, as an example “Diatonic”, and save it in a user-named list on my computer using H9 Control? I ask because I know how to do this by modifying a previously made preset, but haven’t grasped going from an Effect. After I have made changes to Diatonic, and save it to a user-preset, what are the next steps? (I’ve read the freakin’ manual more times than I care to say, and have viewed each and every video on use of factor pedals. So, I have missed something important.)

Your help is appreciated, and thank you.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Bob_B wrote:

How does one create and save a new preset starting from an Effect, as an example "Diatonic", and save it in a user-named list on my computer using H9 Control? I ask because I know how to do this by modifying a previously made preset, but haven't grasped going from an Effect. After I have made changes to Diatonic, and save it to a user-preset, what are the next steps? (I've read the freakin' manual more times than I care to say, and have viewed each and every video on use of factor pedals. So, I have missed something important.)

You go to the Preset List page, and click or create a list. Then you can double click a preset or a blank spot (with a +) in that list. Now you can find Diatonic on the left column and click your preset, and then click save. Now this preset is saved on the spot you selected in that list.

Bob_B

Ok, your approach works, but it wasn’t exactly what I was asking about. Let me rephrase with an example: I have H9 control open, and connected to my Pitch Factor. On the PF, I use the encoder switch to move to Diatonic. I made changes in Diatonic. I want to save those changes as a preset to a pre-established list in H9 Control on my PC. How does one do this?

I found that after making the changes to Diatonic, I save the preset as a User preset, I can then double click in an empty space in my list, and ask the newly made Diatonic preset to be saved there. Because I like neat, I then delete the User preset in the list of Diatonic presets. I hope that makes sense.

Bob_B

Brilliant! I can’t wait to try your approach later this morning. Best wishes.

Bob_B
      bohan wrote:

Bob_B wrote:

How does one create and save a new preset starting from an Effect, as an example “Diatonic”, and save it in a user-named list on my computer using H9 Control? I ask because I know how to do this by modifying a previously made preset, but haven’t grasped going from an Effect. After I have made changes to Diatonic, and save it to a user-preset, what are the next steps? (I’ve read the freakin’ manual more times than I care to say, and have viewed each and every video on use of factor pedals. So, I have missed something important.)

You go to the Preset List page, and click or create a list. Then you can double click a preset or a blank spot (with a +) in that list. Now you can find Diatonic on the left column and click your preset, and then click save. Now this preset is saved on the spot you selected in that list.

Too easy! Thanks. I appreciate your reply.

bohan
      Eventide Staff
      Bob_B wrote:

Ok, your approach works, but it wasn't exactly what I was asking about. Let me rephrase with an example: I have H9 control open, and connected to my Pitch Factor. On the PF, I use the encoder switch to move to Diatonic. I made changes in Diatonic. I want to save those changes as a preset to a pre-established list in H9 Control on my PC. How does one do this?

I found that after making the changes to Diatonic, I save the preset as a User preset, I can then double click in an empty space in my list, and ask the newly made Diatonic preset to be saved there. Because I like neat, I then delete the User preset in the list of Diatonic presets. I hope that makes sense.

Oh, so you want to save a new preset directly to a preset list?

Then you just need to follow what I suggested. You don't need to find Diatonic through turning the encoder. You can just double click an existing preset or a blank preset in a preset list, then find Diatonic from the algortihms column on the left, then tweak it there and click "Save". This way you don't save a user preset but only save it to a list.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.