Pitch Factor switch issue

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitch Factor switch issue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anvio
      Participant

Hi there, I'm experiencing a problem with the middle footswitch of my PF: it doesn't engage most of the time (I must say that I does sometimes, but it happens randomly and not that much).

I don't know what to do. (I keep the pedal in my pedalboard and it's pristine concerning its conditions.) I have the 3.0x version (not the 3.5 beta one).
      Do you guys have any idea of how I can solve the problem?
      Thanks ^^

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Don't know how old your units is – we did have a batch of bad switches on some older ones.

Since you're in Italy, you probably don't want to send the unit back here – you should probably go to your dealer. As an alternative, if your unit is out of warranty and you or a friend are handy, you could try opening up the unit and re-soldering the switch. If this fails, contact support@eventide.com, and if they are feeling happy, they may send you a new switch. If they are having a bad day, switches are cheap.

Anvio
      Participant

Hey NickRose, thank you very much for your reply. I purchased the unit in 2010, I've never had a problem until the last couple of days.
      So, you think it could be only a matter of faulty switch which needs to be re-soldered? I hope so! I'll figure it out somehow.
      Thanks again!

Anvio
      Participant

Here I am, once again. The middle switch problem actually seemed to disappear on its own after a little while. The unit eventually worked fine until last Saturday: I was gigging and, after a few songs without issues, the LEFT switch wouldn't turn on (again: in April it was the middle one). I had to dump the PF for the rest of the show. Yesterday I was determined to understand what was going on; as soon as I powered the unit, it was working perfectly like right out of the box. But then, this morning the weirdo started to go its own way, left switch engages randomly.
      I tried to get back to the previous versions but it didn't work. I'm a bit downhearted since I don't know what's going on, the pedal has been working just fine for 2 years: Any suggestions are really appreciated. Thanks for the support!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

Hello again – sorry you're having trouble. It might be bad switches – can't immediately think what else it would be.  If you or a friend are competent to change them, you should contact support@eventide.com, otherwise it has to go for service.

Anvio
      Participant

Hey Nick, thanks a lot for your support. I suppose I might inquire at support@eventide. The only other thing that comes to mind is that it could possibly be a matter of power (i.e. the power supply doesn't do his job correctly)? I'll let you know anyway. Thanks again!

colorsound

I've been having the same problem for a year now. The footswitches seem to go haywire only during the summer time when its hot and humid. When the weather is cooler its alright. I've read another post on here about the Timefactor and Modfactor having the same problem. Must've been a bad batch I guess. I've contacted Eventide support and they suggested I send it to service but I find it a bit ridiculous to have to pay for this when its not an issue that I've caused but faulty switches due to Eventide. I debated buying a new one to replace the broken one but I fear it might have the same problems a few years down the road when its out of warranty.

Anvio
      Participant

So I am not the only one! At least now I know what's going on (might be, actually). I haven't found any other posts before. Thanks for showing up, Colorsound. If it happens to be a bad switch matter (also mentioned by Nickrose a few months ago) the problem could be dealt with pretty easily (hopefully). We'll see! Thanks again mate

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.