PitchFactor 3 Beta gets crazy about piches!

Home Forums Products Stompboxes PitchFactor 3 Beta gets crazy about piches!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Gerangiro
      Participant

I love my pedal. The MicroPitch, H910/949, PitchFlex and Crystals are gorgeus.

But the main reason why I bought this pedal was the Harmonizer.

The pedal came shipped with OS version 2.3.0 (2). Wow! What a marvelous harmonizer! I could play very dynamical – soft with bends – and fast with hard attack – the pedal tracked me perfectly.

But now!? I updated the pedal to OS version 3 Beta. The update-procedure went well. All my preset was intact. And I really appreciate the naming of presets and the output-level-adjustment.

But the harmonizer-tracking is rather unpredictable. And playing soft makes it even worser. E.g. playing a single line in E dorian, the minor third could become a major third (?!) – a 5th could be a b5th. Very strange!

I know this is a beta. I just wanted to point it out.

For me, this pedal is primary a harmonizer. So this is a serious issue!

Please! Get it as good as in version 2.3.0…

Best wishes to You all,

from a, otherwise, happy player.

Gerangiro

(sorry for my english)

achaput

Thanks Gerangiro,

We are looking into this. Are you sure that nothing else has changed in your rig?

-Alan

Gerangiro
      Participant

Nothing was changed in my rig. No aux-switches or expressionpedals interfered with the pedal. The pedal was calibrated to 440hz and my guitar was tuned.

Major third can become a minor third.

The pedal´s pitchdetection seems to work just fine, but it´s the algorithm´s interpretation of what to do with the 3rd – is it minor or major?

I got a hint when reading a older post. The user got a better result when he was in play-mode and used the learn-switch. I tried the same, and it got better. But not as good as in earlier version. It´s not funny to play in Eminor and you hear a G# instead of a G…

Gerangiro

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.