Pitchfactor and Space in the loop of a Boss GT-10

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor and Space in the loop of a Boss GT-10

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      wilkinsi
      Participant

My Boss GT-10 only has one (mono) loop. At the moment, the Space is in the loop, at the end of the FX chain, and the internal reverb of the GT is turned off. The Space's Reverb tends to drown a bit too much of its modulation and pitchshifting. I want to buy a Pitchfactor and put that in the loop too, but after the GT-'s preamp and before the chorus and delay. Would I be better off putting the Space on the main output of the GT (and disable the KillDry in Space); or place the Pitchfactor and Space in the GT's loop (series), or in the loop of my mixer (enable KillDry)?  

wilkinsi
      Participant

How about Eventide make their own floorboard MFX, preferably with a USB port and PC editor? Stick out tongue  

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

It has been discussed, some wanted a standard mix of mod,

Time, pitch factor space etc.

I voted for more of an eclipse style floor unit… Although harder to program it is a lot more unique and has the Eventide flavour that they do so well.

Only time will tell

wilkinsi
      Participant

I've given this a bit more thought. When it comes to reverb, I can put the Space pedal between the GT and my VS DAW. The Pitchfactor could be placed in the loop or before the GT-10. The problem is when I want to use my overdrive preset in my Space, whereby that pedal has to be before the GT-10's preamp, otherwise sounding like a blown speaker. Likewise, putting the Space's reverb presets before the GT's preamp is gonna make everything sound too distant. I would guess I keep the Space in the loop, and put the PF between the guitar and GT-10. I do however, use pitchshifting/pedalbend between the GT's preamp and its delay/chorus blocks in some GT presets. I did think of some sort of loop switching device, but it still defeats the ability to move two Factor pedals around the GT-'s signal path. I also looked at the Boss GT-100, and that too only has one lousy loop.

Hopefully, someone here will come up with a solution I haven't thought of.

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

One though… You can get loopers that allow you place pedals I'm different orders… That might allow you to switch between the two locations … No personal experience of them though.

wilkinsi
      Participant

The problem is the GT-10's loop is mono and can't be in 2 seperate places within the signal chain at the same time. I've concluded its only possible to have 1 factor pedal in the GT's loop, the other will have to go at the GT-10's input or output. Too bad Boss didn't think about this and build a GT-10 with two loop blocks/pairs of loop jacks instead of just one. 

badmelonfarmer
      Participant

Ahh , with you… The looper placement device would not get arround  the mono issue OR the two different places at once… You would end up in a feedback loop. 

But it should allow you to place one device pre GT 10 or in the loop at the press of a switch or midi command …. But it would still be in mono… Due to the GT10.

The Axe-FX has a stereo FX Loop, but you probably don't want to change modellers just for that feature.

baidie
      Participant

A Boss GT-Pro would serve you well. Look on Ebay. Don't debate the GT-10 vs GT-8 technology. They both sound good, except the GT-Pro will allow you to mono-preloop your distortion/EQ/etc pedals., then stereo loop (totally moveable in the GT-pro's FX chain) All of your Eventide Stomp boxes plus a G-Major if you have one.Then one of the 3 stereo outputs can be configure to feed your 2 guitar amps, one can be sent to a mixer/monitor system and the 3rd fixed balance outputs can go to a recording system. Last but not least The GT-Pro has a USB Audio/midi interface for the awesome graphic editor and your recording software. What more do you need. The GT-Pro has been dis-continued and was over a grand retail .If this perks your interest, go to the Roland/Boss support and download the manual, Cheers

wilkinsi
      Participant

IIRC, you can transfer GT-8 patches to a GT-10, but not vice versa. When such a transfer occurs, the (PC editor does warn you) patch sounds different, one reason being the GT-10 has different amp models. The same would apply to the GT-Pro. I do see your point though. 3 loops would allow the flexibility I need.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.