Pitchfactor completley F***ed after 3.5 Update. Crying is in full force

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor completley F***ed after 3.5 Update. Crying is in full force

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      beedoola

So i was filled with glee to update my PF to 3.5. Hook it up, install the firmware, update ultility software shows and confirms everything is fine. Complete update, unplug the PF and play it.

ALL my presets are not as they were and the PF just doesn't work right.

Rolling back to 3.0 doesn't help. This has never happened with the other updates.

beedoola

Also: Its not just that my presets aren't correct. The unit itself does not function right. Even PitchFlex patch for instance has a super high octave on it, if I try to dial the pitch down, the control does not work until I get to "off" and it disappears, but the sweep of the pot does nothing to the pitch control.

This pitchfactor functioned 100% prior to the update. Updated from 3.0 to 3.5

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Beedoola,

You should backup and/or write down all your own personal presets, then do an initialize.  You can initialize by holding down the encoder and middle footwitch while powering up.  This should clean up the bugginess, but you'll have to use FactorLib or some other Sysex manager to get your personal presets back in, or rebuild them manually.   If it doesn't clean up the bugs in Pitchflex, let us know and we will try to verify the behaviour, but you'll to be very specific about the issue(s).  

Thanks!

beedoola

If I initialize, does that automatically delete my presets/wipe the PF to factory settings?

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Yes it does.  That's why I started by saying you should back them up in software and even write them down to be extra safe.  Not all presets are compatible across versions (as we stated in the update notes). 

Imerkat
      Participant

I have the same problems that he describe to the Tee! the problem with PitchFlex were in the default presets banks 17- 24; mostly on Pitch B knob. I also notice a bit of a volume drop on the Quadravox Diatonic Algo's but icould just be me lol

trumpet

I have just updated my pitchfactor from 2.x  to 3.5, and i am experiencing the same super high pitch on the pitch flex patch that user Beedola reported on 02-29-2012.

The point is it is intermittent. I change to another patch or two and then come back to the one that was super high and sometimes it is there still and sometimes it has corrected itself.

I tried to do an initialise (as suggested in Beedelas post) but the problem remained.

This didn't happen in version 2.x – should I go back to that?

beedoola

I initially tried to revert to 3.0 but that didn't help : (

I installed 3.5 again and initialized as the Eventide Staff suggested. This re-calibrated the  PF to function as it should but all my presets were lost in the process.

Really upsetting. All prior updates worked fine with no problems : /

Hope you guys get it sorted out! keep us posted.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi Beedola,

I'm glad the initialize solved the problem.  As for you presets, I refer to you my earlier posts about backing them up and/or writing them down.  We apologize for any extra work this involves, but it was necessary in order for us to add features that so many of our users requested.    

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi trumpet,

The initialize should get rid of this problem, but you'll need to wipe and rebuild your presets to do so.  I'll investigate this a little, but first I need more information:

1.  Are these your own presets or factory presets?

2. What sequence of events will reliably produce the bug?  What preset and algorithm are you coming from and going too?

3. Is expression pedal plugged in when this happens?

beedoola

Hey Russell,

Things are actually VERY wrong with my pitchfactor. I hadn't tested all the modes after I re-installed 3.5 and initialized. On the "Harmodulator" – I used to have a preset that had Pitch A set a "Unison" and Pitch B at a "5th Up." With the mix set around 50% it would make this cool delayed/pitched effect

I tried setting this preset up today – starting with just the Pitch A which is at Unison. However when doing this there is a glitchy lower octave that comes in and out – I made sure to put the "Pitch Mix" fully counterclockwise to just hear "A's" Pitch. Sure enough – with the pitch set at "unison" and the over all "Mix" at 50% – sometimes "Pitch A" will delay normally, sometimes it will have a lower octave blended with it.

Also, when I tried to set "Pitch B" to "Unison" – the Unison signal would not be the same octave as the dry signal, as it should, it would be an octave up. I was unable to dial it even to the unison octave.

I tried re-installing 3.0.19 – which I had prior to the first 3.5 update attempt. After the update – stated successful by the Eventide updater, I initialized the Pitchfactor. Upon trying the HarMod patch back on the 3.0.19 – the problem persists.

Any thoughts???

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Hi Beedoola,

This just sounds like the modulation is on.  Make sure the Depth is set to 0 (12 'oclock knob position). 

beedoola

ba! you're right on that one.

wedelich
      Eventide Staff

Ok guys,

I think I've figured out what's going on with your PitchFlex loading problems.  So first, I'll just describe the workaround that should fix the problem for now.   

I'll start by saying that Initialization and preset rebuilding should only be required if you made the preset prior to Version 3 of PitchFactor.  Otherwise, here is the workaround:

When creating a new PitchFlex preset that uses expression pedal or MIDI expression pedal, you must wiggle the expression pedal up/down or just move it to the desired sound you want to save at.  THEN save the preset.   Even if you don't plan on using the exp. pedal for that preset, if it's plugged in you should do this.  You can do this anytime, so if you have Pitchflex preset that's loading incorrectly, just load it, move the expression pedal, and then resave it.  This should fix the loading problem.  

Let me know if this works.   Now here's why that occurs:

This seems to occur when a PitchFlex preset is created from, or saved to, a preset that was originally based on another algorithm.  The other algorithm preset will have some expression pedal programming assigned to it.   PitchFlex doesn't allow exp. pedal programming like the other algorithms, as it exclusively uses exp. pedal for pitch bends.  If you save before overriding the previous expression pedal settings, the old preset's expression pedal settings will corrupt the PitchFlex load.  

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.