Pitchfactor glitching out

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor glitching out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author

Hi – my Pitchfactor (SN PW-4046) running 5.2.0(6) just started glitching out on the read out screen and none of the knobs change the correct parameters.  I’ve reloaded the firmware and reloaded my presets from the H9 application but still having the same experience.  I’m guessing this may be a hardware issue now, but if someone has an idea here, I’d really appreciate it.  Thank you!

nickrose
      Eventide Staff

There is an internal cable that can have a bad connection, giving the result you describe.

If your unit is under warranty, you should send it in or return it to your dealer.

If not, and you are handy, you could take it apart and wiggle the cable between the two boards. If this does not fix it, or you prefer not to try, you will probably need to send it in.

Thanks Nick.  I realized I had left the pitchfactor powered up for a couple of days.  After not being able to figure out how to fix it, I powered it down overnight and this morning it seems to be working ok now.  Is it possible it overheated from being on too long?  I’ve left it powered on for a couple of days before and never experienced this.  I was powered it up / down several times last night and it didn’t seem to change anything.

nickrose wrote:

There is an internal cable that can have a bad connection, giving the result you describe.

If your unit is under warranty, you should send it in or return it to your dealer.

If not, and you are handy, you could take it apart and wiggle the cable between the two boards. If this does not fix it, or you prefer not to try, you will probably need to send it in.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.