Pitchfactor & H9 Control Problem

Home Forums Products Stompboxes Pitchfactor & H9 Control Problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Hellmaster92
      Participant

Hi,

I’m trying to connect my Pitchfactor to update it and save my preset on H9 Control.

I plugged it and then launch H9 Control. I have an error message that reads :

“A communication error occured while communicating with your stompbox. A stompbox cannot be registered unless it’s connected to and communication with the app.”

And then a second one :

“An error occured while communicating with the Pitchfactor device ” PF-XXXXX “

The stompbox is not responding. Please verify it is still connected. (Error code MessageConstants::sm_response_timeout)

Error code (sm_response_timeout)”

My pitchfactor got the firmware 5.0.0[4].

I downloaded and installed the lastest version of H9 Control & it’s doesn’n work.

I can launch Eventide Direct Updater. With another USB cable it works. But the Pitchfactor is named “Unknown” and it only suggests me to update my PF to 5.2.0[6].

By the way, the 5.0.0[4] seems to be compatible with the H9 Control.

I don’t want to update it to the 5.2.0[6], I lost my preset (last year) doing this. And I can’t save them with H9…

I tried severals USB cables & all of my Midi Ports.

Have you got a solution ?

Thank you in advance,

Rémi

gkellum
      Participant

Are you on Mac or Windows?  We wrote down some tips on trouble shooting connectivity problems in the H9 Control manual.  The section on connecting to a device is at the start of the manual:

https://www.eventideaudio.com/support/downloads/h9-control-manual

Hellmaster92
      Participant

Thank you, I’m gonna read this. I’m on windows 10 64 Bits.

Hellmaster92
      Participant

Hi,

I read and tried everything in the doc, nothing worked. I also tried a third cable, and on a second computer. And it doesn’t work.

The USB outlet on my PF moves a little. Could it be the reason ? I never hit my stompbox, it never falls… It’s always protected in my pedalboard.

I saw on your doc that I can do the same things I want with MIDI ports. Could you confirme that ? I just want to save my preset and reorganize them.

I have a Midi to USB cable :

https://www.thomann.de/fr/maudio_midisport_uno.htm?sid=1f9d030f5e4699416ecd851cceea1bba

It works great with my Strymons. I know it is in good conditions.

I will go to pick it up to my studio next week if you confirm me I can save my preset with MIDI connections.

Thank you in advance!

Rémi

gkellum
      Participant

Yes, it should work with MIDI as well.  Please try that instead.

Hellmaster92
      Participant

Hi,

I tried with MIDI, it still doesn’t work.

I connected it manually. H9 crashed one time in two. The other time, it recognizes the stompbox as the USB does, but crash a few second after with the same message.

Any idea ?

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.